Something I never thought I’d say | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Something I never thought I’d say

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The win over Temple was huge. When you are rebuilding, every win is huge. UConn has a reasonable shot at beating Tulsa and Cincinnati, and then the rest of the schedule will be tough. 2 wins is a lot better than 1, and 3 is a lot better than 2.

Reaction Score
Tulsa's QBs (they have 2 that play, Chad President and Luke Skipper) have been pretty unimpressive this year. Even in a win yesterday they only threw for 128 yards. I don't think they can exploit our secondary like some of these other teams have. We have a good shot to win this one.

So it's Shirreff's vs. President on Saturday. That presidential pardon is gonna haunt Tulsa.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I thought Tulsa was supposed to be one of these high scoring AAC West teams?

Reaction Score
I thought Tulsa was supposed to be one of these high scoring AAC West teams?

They were last year. This year has been somewhat of a dropoff but they can still put up numbers. I expect another high scoring game Saturday.

Reaction Score
I caught like 5min of the Tulsa-Houston game and Skipper sailed a couple passes way off his intended targets.

Reaction Score
I caught like 5min of the Tulsa-Houston game and Skipper sailed a couple passes way off his intended targets.

Right. Tulsa might not be equipped to exploit our poor pass defense with inexperience at the QB position. If we can slow down their RBs, we can win. The flipside of that is we should be able to run on Tulsa, as they are giving up over 300 yards a game on the ground. I know the numbers are skewed as it played 3 option teams this year already - New Mexico, Navy and Tulane, but that is still something we can attack.

Reaction Score
Tulsa's QBs (they have 2 that play, Chad President and Luke Skipper) have been pretty unimpressive this year. Even in a win yesterday they only threw for 128 yards. I don't think they can exploit our secondary like some of these other teams have. We have a good shot to win this one.
....But they do have arguably the best RBs in the league, if not the country in D’Angelo Brewer.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
....But they do have arguably the best RBs in the league, if not the country in D’Angelo Brewer.
Right. Tulsa might not be equipped to exploit our poor pass defense with inexperience at the QB position. If we can slow down their RBs, we can win. The flipside of that is we should be able to run on Tulsa, as they are giving up over 300 yards a game on the ground. I know the numbers are skewed as it played 3 option teams this year already - New Mexico, Navy and Tulane, but that is still something we can attack.
As stinky as our pass D has been we’ve been pretty okay vs the run. I hope whatever is ailing Hopkins is healed by Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom