Someone told me the Quiet Period was over ... | The Boneyard

Someone told me the Quiet Period was over ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes ... I checked out. Sometime around the 4th, 5th or 6th week of Conference Realignment crap ... which was before we knew how scumbag West Virginia deals with Bylaws they created. I expect no one wanted to read me pontificate about every damn iteration of football target we confronted.

And, thanks for a few of you asking about my health. I was deeply touched.

FOR THE RECORD:

• I think I am happy with Paul Pasqualoni's first year. He really walked into a few deep issues left by HCRE. I have to believe, after watching Edsall since 1998, he would have addressed the coming season differently at QB & RB. I don't believe the Plan would have been to run Lyle McCombs so much - it's somewhat of a "miracle" (in the post-Tebow world ... the meaning has changed) that a 170lb RB was so durable. And, I would have to think the sight of a McEntee-McCummings-Box-Nebrich Spring would have sent HCRE looking at the JUCO wire. Edsall just had a better handle on the pulse of the possible for our 2011 season; PP had to adapt on the fly.
  • PP, I thought, serves the Program well because I believe he (more so than Edsall) will build towards a legacy. He is a Connecticut guy ... and we will have a Transition; he will build this for the future.
  • PP, the now Interim-on-the-way-out, did not impress in the Interim AD role; but, we always knew what he was good at. Raising the do-re-mi. I don't think he was set to play the leadership role WE need to correctly position us going forward.
  • I'm going to miss the Khasif Moore & Kendall Reyes & Mike Ryan/Moe Petrus group. It's part of your Investment in a CFB Program. They come; they go. They stay in your memory bank til you are drooling & your hip gets replaced.
We spend far too much time talking Conference structure. In ... Out ... In ... Out. I think it is clear to me that Chuck Nevius & John Swofford is the Devil & Osama. But, ultimately, our mission remains: We need to build this Program; build this Fanbase. Susan Herbst, IMO, is doing fabulously - and I watch some college presidents in like sized Universities. She's a Big Win. We need someone that will work with Partners & carve out a TV share for UConn. And, I believe we have to get closer to Rutgers (yuck ... did I just say that). We can advance both in NY/NE and we could easily see our former brethren (and frankly, they never really respected OUR right to exist) BC & SU disappear.

STFU

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Welcome back and Happy New Year, Pudge.

I agree about Coach P building a Connecticut legacy. I can't wait for the Blue-White game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well said and welcome back.

Reaction Score
Great write up. Seems like things are finally headed in the right direction. Makes me for one and hopefully many others rest assured that the correction has been made on the right coach for this football program. In his short time here, Coach P has created a lot of excitement and given hope to a program that seemed stuck in mediocrity. I am a huge diehard Uconn fan. Follow all the recruits like its my job. It seems the class coming in plus transfers are a step above previous classes brought in by Edsall. Of course time will tell, but I am pumped for next season without a doubt.

Reaction Score
Welcome back Pudge. Hope it wasn't my tailgate that kept you from posting;)

Reaction Score
The board was not the same without your analysis. Welcome back.

Reaction Score
Good to see you back. I stopped paying attention to the conference realignment piece because it makes me hate the sport.

This was a good season to take a hiatus. Realignment, Penn State and the rest made this college football's lost year. I think college football is in trouble, you could sum up the bowl season in one word. Apathy.

Too many formerly prestigious bowls with 7-5 and 6-6 match ups.

Reaction Score
Welcome back bro! Looks like BCS is looking into playoff as of ESPN today. I'll believe it when I see it ,as for team smoke still clearing PP is gonna build nice foundation for future,hopefully when time comes he hands it off to a young guy who can carry us further forward.

Reaction Score
Good to see you back. I stopped paying attention to the conference realignment piece because it makes me hate the sport.

This was a good season to take a hiatus. Realignment, Penn State and the rest made this college football's lost year. I think college football is in trouble, you could sum up the bowl season in one word. Apathy.

Too many formerly prestigious bowls with 7-5 and 6-6 match ups.

I really agree. This season did not evoke the passion in me like college football usually does. I don't think I watched a single bowl game from start to finish. Just nits and pieces here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom