Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1)Arizona
2)Kentucky
3)Duke
4)Kansas
5)Wisconsin

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn lost 3 (Napier, Giffey, and Daniels) of their starting 5 and an important 6th man (Kromah), but how in name of all things holy does a team like Kentucky, who overturns one freshman class with another, have a better starting 5 than the national champions? I don't care how many stars you have coming out of high school, 18 year olds have a learning curve. Ask the Liberian 5 year old wearing the blue 40-0 T-shirt...err...gown.

Reaction Score
but how in name of all things holy does a team like Kentucky, who overturns one freshman class with another, have a better starting 5 than the national champions?

We get it, you're blindly fanatical to UConn. Kentucky both lost less and brought in a better recruiting class than we did.

Husky25

Reaction Score
We get it, you're blindly fanatical to UConn. Kentucky both lost less and brought in a better recruiting class than we did.

Fanatic? Yes (that's what fan means). Blind? No.

I am irritated of the perception that the playoff benefits of the 5CSMA extend to basketball, which is blindly promoted by the media.

Reaction Score
Tough to argue with that list. We may have the best starting five by the end of the season, but as we spent an entire thread last week vehemently arguing over who should even start for us I don't know how anyone can argue we should be on it now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Tough to argue with that list. We may have the best starting five by the end of the season, but as we spent an entire thread last week vehemently arguing over who should even start for us I don't know how anyone can argue we should be on it now.
i think that's good we argued over who should start, it means we have an extremely deep and talented team

Reaction Score
i think that's good we argued over who should start, it means we have an extremely deep and talented team

True, but it also means we don't have a ton of proven starters. Boatright's really the only guy on the team who's played a consistent, starting role on a good team. Nolan, Brimah, and Samuel were all contributors on last years national title team, but their roles are obviously going to expand this year. Calhoun was a decent player for the 2013 team and then spent an entire year recovering from double hip surgery. Purvis was squeezed from the rotation by Mark Gottfried the last time we saw him play meaningful games. D-Ham, Lubin, and Cassell obviously haven't played at this level. Facey's never played any meaningful college minutes at all.

So while there is a lot of talent, there aren't really many guys who have solidified themselves as UConn-caliber starting players.

Reaction Score

Huskies still class of conference

....And that's on the heels of Louisville playing its lone season in the newly formed conference as the reigning national champ. UConn will now carry that banner through this season, and with the Cardinals now in the ACC, the Huskies should be the AAC's top dog.

1. Connecticut Huskies

This time, it's Ryan Boatright's turn. UConn's past two point guards won national titles as seniors, and Boatright is poised to follow the path charted by Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier. Boatright might also have more options around him than either of those stars enjoyed on their championship teams, particularly if sophomore center Amida Brimah emerges as an offensive threat to complement his elite shot-blocking skills (15.1 block percentage). Rodney Purvis was a former top recruit at NC State who should be a scoring force in the backcourt, and freshman swingman Daniel Hamilton can light it up as well. If UConn can get anything out of the 4-spot (which likely will go to sophomore Kentan Facey), a deep backcourt should have the Huskies back in the national championship hunt, especially with Boatright leading the way.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Huskies still class of conference

....And that's on the heels of Louisville playing its lone season in the newly formed conference as the reigning national champ. UConn will now carry that banner through this season, and with the Cardinals now in the ACC, the Huskies should be the AAC's top dog.

1. Connecticut Huskies

This time, it's Ryan Boatright's turn. UConn's past two point guards won national titles as seniors, and Boatright is poised to follow the path charted by Kemba Walker and Shabazz Napier. Boatright might also have more options around him than either of those stars enjoyed on their championship teams, particularly if sophomore center Amida Brimah emerges as an offensive threat to complement his elite shot-blocking skills (15.1 block percentage). Rodney Purvis was a former top recruit at NC State who should be a scoring force in the backcourt, and freshman swingman Daniel Hamilton can light it up as well. If UConn can get anything out of the 4-spot (which likely will go to sophomore Kentan Facey), a deep backcourt should have the Huskies back in the national championship hunt, especially with Boatright leading the way.
Walker may have graduated, but he still had one more year of athletic eligibility when he declared for the NBA Draft.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yes, probably true, but I am a Kansas fan as well, and they lost two of the top three picks in the draft, plus their starting PG. Not sure how they are top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom