Someone explain why we are chasing Coach off? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Someone explain why we are chasing Coach off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as I love Ollie, I just don't know how realistic it is. He doesn't have any experience. I'm also wondering why (if they wanted him to be the head coach) they didn't have him fill in earlier in the year when JC was having back problems. At this point, I think it might be time to look outside the organization. I do love Ollie though.

Also, not to start an argument, but what does NBA experience have to do with being a good coach?

If you're the PG, and you've been in the NBA for years, you know basketball.

Reaction Score
If you're the PG, and you've been in the NBA for years, you know basketball.
Plenty of great players make terrible coaches. Wayne Gretzky. Plenty of great coaches are guys who never made it in the pros. Ollie might be ok simply because he was able to hang around so long in the NBA with the stats he put up...meaning he must be one hell of a leader and be able to build chemistry in a team. Overall it seems like good pro players aren't te best coaches.

Reaction Score
Plenty of great players make terrible coaches. Wayne Gretzky. Plenty of great coaches are guys who never made it in the pros. Ollie might be ok simply because he was able to hang around so long in the NBA with the stats he put up...meaning he must be one hell of a leader and be able to build chemistry in a team. Overall it seems like good pro players aren't te best coaches.

I didn't say he would be a good coach. You asked, what does it have to do with being a good coach. I simply replied that it means he knows the game. That's a requirement, but just one.

Reaction Score
Whoever comes in will have JC's chin parked on his L shoulder. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom