OT: - Someone explain 5G to me, and why I should/nt be worried. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Someone explain 5G to me, and why I should/nt be worried.

Reaction Score
the other really big deal about 5g is that it essentially has zero latency. 3g was massive 100-200ms, so it was very laggy, and couldn't really power "internet of things" IOT or Machine 2 Machine (M2M) applications. 4g was better, in practice 50-100ms. 5g is billed at 5-20ms. I think right now performance is like 30ms but that will come down as the network matures and is deployed more fully, as the deployment of edge servers near the towers will further cut that latency.

The reason latency will be huge is that there is tremendous demand for connected devices, smart cities, etc. All the buzz words that people have been talking about but not really deploying? a huge reason is that latency means its unreliable so the business case right now doesnt' work. Once the latency gets solved, that is all going to explode.
can you describe an IOT use case that is not feasible with 100ms (4g) latency, that will be enabled with 20ms (5g) latency?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
This chart shows where 5G sits on the electromagnetic spectrum a bit more clearly. Well outside the radioactive frequencies but it does blend in to microwave wavelengths.

View attachment 56063
I want that old VHF tv space or at least a bit of it. Apparently that portion of the spectrum is useful in mind control. (Good for distance and coverage too)

Reaction Score
can you describe an IOT use case that is not feasible with 100ms (4g) latency, that will be enabled with 20ms (5g) latency?

IoT can't go from niche "oh nice connected dishwasher" to infrastructure "oh my car drives itself now" or really anything related to healthcare needs until latency gets much much closer to zero.

100ms is a lifetime for critical infrastructure related connex. 20? now we're talking.

here's a quick article on it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Anything with automated movement. As cars become more automated their sensors which process movement from all directions need to synthesize those images and come to with a solution.
The 80ms Delta between 100ms and 20ms is enough to differ between stopping safely and rear ending a car.

Reaction Score

i wonder if videogame streaming services will finally be able to improve with these lower latencies

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
G stands for generation. This is the 5th generation of wireless tech. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. People are just conspiracy nuts.

This.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
sooo, ur junk doesn't work either? imagine that.
I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was a joke and move on. Although if it wasn't, I feel nothing but pity for you, and I'm still going to move on.

Reaction Score
Think of it as a highway that’s being widened and the speed limit is being raised. Easier and more fluid flow at higher speeds allows for more cars to go from A to B quicker.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was a joke and move on. Although if it wasn't, I feel nothing but pity for you, and I'm still going to move on.
ain't no joke, son, ain't no joke. here, have another pill -doctor 'approved.' and, as some here may recall, I really, really don't like chicken, 'lessin it's southern fried, then it's all good. dr. mike, over at bulldog u, pert near the world's leader on the 'lectromagspec and, arguably the inventor of 'ground suitable for fracking' tech in his day job, looks at all these questions with an open mind. nice tale aboot that true scientist. zawi hawass, that famous Egyptian archeology guy, was stunned when dr. mike flew his uncle sam posse up and down the nile valley equipped with ground penetrating radar, and revealed layers and layers of previous civilizations remains. pictures taken by a righteous man. I never said 5g tech is bad, I just said that idk, based on the question of 'what radiation is really ionizing?' continue to keep that phone in your pocket, and an iceberg won't be enough to cool ur cajones.

Reaction Score
G stands for generation. This is the 5th generation of wireless tech. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. People are just conspiracy nuts.

There is never anything to worry about.................until there is.

"lower libido" is one of the issues pointed out in the article posted by "Martin"( 5G and the Wireless Revolution: When Progress Becomes a Death Sentence - Global Research ) and there's plenty of evidence that 3G and 4G have caused such a significant loss of libido in young men carrying their phones in their front pockets that there's been an explosion of cases of young, attractive, female teachers having liaisons with their 14 to 17 year old male students.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

"lower libido" is one of the issues pointed out in the article posted by "Martin"( 5G and the Wireless Revolution: When Progress Becomes a Death Sentence - Global Research ) and there's plenty of evidence that 3G and 4G have caused such a significant loss of libido in young men carrying their phones in their front pockets that there's been an explosion of cases of young, attractive, female teachers having liaisons with their 14 to 17 year old male students.

LOL

Reaction Score
5g is faster and available in wifi homes but as for cell phone service it all depends on what city you are located as it is relatively new technology. iPhones still don’t have it yet but I heard the new 12 is coming out with it.

Reaction Score
the other really big deal about 5g is that it essentially has zero latency. 3g was massive 100-200ms, so it was very laggy, and couldn't really power "internet of things" IOT or Machine 2 Machine (M2M) applications. 4g was better, in practice 50-100ms. 5g is billed at 5-20ms. I think right now performance is like 30ms but that will come down as the network matures and is deployed more fully, as the deployment of edge servers near the towers will further cut that latency.

The reason latency will be huge is that there is tremendous demand for connected devices, smart cities, etc. All the buzz words that people have been talking about but not really deploying? a huge reason is that latency means its unreliable so the business case right now doesnt' work. Once the latency gets solved, that is all going to explode.
Thats what I had just described in depth.

Reaction Score

There may be a connection between the smartphone and men having less desire to be with their partners, but it has nothing to do with radiation...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom