Some thoughts UConn NC State | The Boneyard

Some thoughts UConn NC State

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This game should be interesting to see where we are against a good team on their home floor. It wont be a cake walk. It will be a good competitive game. Im looking to see how our former injured players play and how our underclassman handle a good D1 team on the road. Some questions that are obvious are....how will Paige Caroline and Azzi look. Has ICE gotten the jitters out since playing her first college game. This is a very well balanced UConn team with depth. Im lookig for good team play, played with confidence. Im also looking for the adjustments Geno has made.

Im not concerned about scoring because of our depth. If someone is having an off game scoring how will they handle that and will it affect them playing the game. Discipline and team chemistry will be very important this game with Maryland coming up and after the Minnesota game UCLA and Kansas in the Cayman Classic. If you didnt notice LSU isnt playing UConn or UCLA but UConn is?????? UConn is going to grow up and grow as a team over the next few weeks with an out of conference schedule that is second to none and very very competitive against quality teams.

The key tomorrow will be for our bigs to stay out of foul trouble and I would think most teams we play know if they get Aaliyah and ICE in foul trouble UConn could have problems. I also want to see everybody else rebound to offset our lack of bigs at least until Yanna comes back.

With all that said I like UConn building a 25+ lead because I dont think NC State can defend UConn at all five positions. Most teams we face will have that same problem

Reaction Score
The key tomorrow will be for our bigs to stay out of foul trouble and I would think most teams we play know if they get Aaliyah and ICE in foul trouble UConn could have problems.
On the question of foul trouble, this is the time of year when refs tend to hand out free throws to guards who crash through the lane looking for a foul. Later in the season, the refs tend to get wise to this.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
There is another thread called "Game Analysis and comments" that also tries to predict the game based on comparative statistics. Perhaps these two threads should be merged??

Reaction Score
This game should be interesting to see where we are against a good team on their home floor. It wont be a cake walk. It will be a good competitive game. Im looking to see how our former injured players play and how our underclassman handle a good D1 team on the road. Some questions that are obvious are....how will Paige Caroline and Azzi look. Has ICE gotten the jitters out since playing her first college game. This is a very well balanced UConn team with depth. Im lookig for good team play, played with confidence. Im also looking for the adjustments Geno has made.

Im not concerned about scoring because of our depth. If someone is having an off game scoring how will they handle that and will it affect them playing the game. Discipline and team chemistry will be very important this game with Maryland coming up and after the Minnesota game UCLA and Kansas in the Cayman Classic. If you didnt notice LSU isnt playing UConn or UCLA but UConn is?????? UConn is going to grow up and grow as a team over the next few weeks with an out of conference schedule that is second to none and very very competitive against quality teams.

The key tomorrow will be for our bigs to stay out of foul trouble and I would think most teams we play know if they get Aaliyah and ICE in foul trouble UConn could have problems. I also want to see everybody else rebound to offset our lack of bigs at least until Yanna comes back.

With all that said I like UConn building a 25+ lead because I dont think NC State can defend UConn at all five positions. Most teams we face will have that same problem
Excellent analysis--your assessments and key aspects are very much on point...

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
There is another thread called "Game Analysis and comments" that also tries to predict the game based on comparative statistics. Perhaps these two threads should be merged??
Actually Joe...they are two different threads with different approaches...so, I vote no on the merger

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom