Some thoughts on Tonites Game | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on Tonites Game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well we've finally got a game. It's been a while. So what are we expecting tonite. I gotta think there's a little rust, but I'm hoping not. Evina Christyn and Anna knock down outside shots with confidence. I would like to see plays designed to get all 3 open so they can shoot and gain confidence. I would also like to see a play set up for Nika to score a couple of baskets. Tonites game should present itself so we can work on a few things before jumpin on a place for Knocksville. We need to gain confidence with Tenn coming up on Thursday nite on the road. We need to avoid foul trouble in Tenn. No southern cookin either. At Tenn Liv especially needs to stay out of foul trouble and Evina needs to score a couple of baskets early.

Thursday is a great stage for WCBB to see Paige. I expect her to get ruffed up a little. Tenn is a physical team. Liv should have a field day as I dont think Tenn can handle her. Tenn is prone to turnovers and if Geno pressures the ball UConn should be able to create enough turnovers to win handley. A couple of things do bother me about this game. We haven't played many games and we have one day to travel to Tenn.

Most of you know what we went through and I went through with Tenn and I hope we dont schedule them ever again. Its not about their new coach and new team it has to do with many other things that I will not make public on this board. UConn 86 Tenn 64

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I expect we will start off with a full court trapping defense. That is the logical tactic Geno has used in the past to combat sluggishness like we saw at the start of the Providence game. He can run nine players in and out.

It is noteworthy how small the teams are that UConn has faced thus far. Butler is very small. Once again our bigs should have an easy time of it.

Geno won’t call the dogs off early since they need to work on things for Tennessee. Tennessee will be a good test, facing a decent though flawed team on the road.

Reaction Score
I feel that they will win tonights game without much effort. I am hoping that they will have a lights out shooting night when they play Tenn on Thursday. And, that Evina will score 25, have 9 rebounds, 7 assists and show them that they made a big mistake.. Sorry about that.

Reaction Score
Just a thought for me, tonight's game is like Déjà vu all over again, it feels like we've been waiting for the season to start...again. As far as the opponent, it is the lowest ranked team in the Big East but just want to see a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom