Some thoughts on todays games | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on todays games

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What a difference a week makes.

Many fans were ready to make LVille the number 1 team in WCBB after their game against ND. Today to many run and gun off balance shots. FlSt shut Durr down. LVille had an off day and imo theyve become too dependent on Durr. Today it showed when she was defended well. I really thought LVille played to much one on one and forced to many shots.

Same ole Tenn. Playing a tuff game at home and the two top scorers on Miss St get into foul trouble and have to sit down allowing Tenn to come back. I really didnt like the way the game was officiated on both sides. Inconsistent calls and alot of no calls. Miss St is very good and very well coached but from what I saw today theyre not UConn good. Tenn has a long way to go. Once again they have the talent but under pressure they fall apart because of a few things. They need to maintain: Poise, sharing the ball, must have patience, and on defense they all need to play defense together as a team. They need to be disciplined to play under pressure in tight games. Looking at Russell at 6'6 she has never been developed.

UConn Well all the excuses we hear about go to players out hurt or sick or in foul trouble on other teams and thats why they struggle. Well once again Lou was out and UConn won big. How is UConn able to do that? They play as a team. When they need a basket they run plays and they dont depend on their star to bail them out knowing that the defense knows thats who is gonna get the ball. Thats how good UConn team is. It was good to see Irwin and Megan get some good minutes and respond. We still need Molly and Coombs to come along a little quicker because we need another ball handleing guard who can make plays.

So later this week UConn Miss St are the two top teams and right now they are. Next Thursday Feb 1 UConn is at South Carolina and Aja is back. A good test for Stevens and UConn. I like UConn by alot in this game.

Reaction Score
What a difference a week makes.

Many fans were ready to make LVille the number 1 team in WCBB after their game against ND. Today to many run and gun off balance shots. FlSt shut Durr down. LVille had an off day and imo theyve become too dependent on Durr. Today it showed when she was defended well. I really thought LVille played to much one on one and forced to many shots.

Same ole Tenn. Playing a tuff game at home and the two top scorers on Miss St get into foul trouble and have to sit down allowing Tenn to come back. I really didnt like the way the game was officiated on both sides. Inconsistent calls and alot of no calls. Miss St is very good and very well coached but from what I saw today theyre not UConn good. Tenn has a long way to go. Once again they have the talent but under pressure they fall apart because of a few things. They need to maintain: Poise, sharing the ball, must have patience, and on defense they all need to play defense together as a team. They need to be disciplined to play under pressure in tight games. Looking at Russell at 6'6 she has never been developed.

UConn Well all the excuses we hear about go to players out hurt or sick or in foul trouble on other teams and thats why they struggle. Well once again Lou was out and UConn won big. How is UConn able to do that? They play as a team. When they need a basket they run plays and they dont depend on their star to bail them out knowing that the defense knows thats who is gonna get the ball. Thats how good UConn team is. It was good to see Irwin and Megan get some good minutes and respond. We still need Molly and Coombs to come along a little quicker because we need another ball handleing guard who can make plays.

So later this week UConn Miss St are the two top teams and right now they are. Next Thursday Feb 1 UConn is at South Carolina and Aja is back. A good test for Stevens and UConn. I like UConn by alot in this 74game.

TonyC---Well thought out comment.
Geno is the past loved the team with ONE high volume high scoring shooter--and often he'd allow that one to score their normal 30--and shut down the other 4---it's hard to win an 80 point game with only 30.

Miss St, I'm an observer, not an expert, but their defense: if not always at times is equal or better than the current Uconn D. They only have to be better in one game (to quote Geno). McGowan at 6'7 and with a bit more bulk than Azura is a hard defense for Z. Miss has typically had 3 scoring big points.
No doubt a healthy Uconn (KLS plays excellent sick or well) is most probably better than Miss St. They do have an excellent coach--who has no NC;s, but very very close. Frankly this is one match up I'd rather avoid. Let Louisville take them out --as LVL did Griner led Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323
Top Bottom