Some thoughts on OK UConn | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on OK UConn

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I expect this could be a blowout however that will depend on how much the non starters play. This game could be closer then some expect if UConn plays more non starters to help them game experience and to see where they are at this point in the season. OK Wichita St and SMU are our next 3 games followed by Baylor. This is a good game that will allow everybody to get playtime and adapt to the flow of the game.

This is about getting ready for the second half of the season and preparing for the conference and NCAA tourneys. Now all this may depend on if Chris or Geno are coaching the game. I believe UConn wins this game by alot either way. We have been slowly getting to where we want to be as a team. We still have a ways to go. The talent is there however the experience in real game situations and executing without having to think about it arent as solid as we have seen.

Im thinking UConn 87 OK 69

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
I expect this could be a blowout however that will depend on how much the non starters play. This game could be closer then some expect if UConn plays more non starters to help them game experience and to see where they are at this point in the season. OK Wichita St and SMU are our next 3 games followed by Baylor. This is a good game that will allow everybody to get playtime and adapt to the flow of the game.

This is about getting ready for the second half of the season and preparing for the conference and NCAA tourneys. Now all this may depend on if Chris or Geno are coaching the game. I believe UConn wins this game by alot either way. We have been slowly getting to where we want to be as a team. We still have a ways to go. The talent is there however the experience in real game situations and executing without having to think about it arent as solid as we have seen.

Tony I like your assessment, agree with predicted score. Anticipate a couple of really good runs by OK, Sheri is a good strategy coach she will expose us with what she has at times, it will set us back on our heels for a bit but then we will go on some runs and just overwhelm them... I would add OK will not stop coming at us no matter the score...

Reaction Score
Oklahoma played UConn really tough last season and they have some accomplished outside shooters.........................just like many of the games we've already seen it could be relatively close or it could be a total blowout.......................that's what makes this team so interesting......................as I always say, get the W, stay healthy and get home safely..........

Reaction Score
I think the MOV all depends on whether they can effectively shut down Robertson and make someone else try to beat them. Can UConn show perimeter defense aka MoJeff, Nurse. Etc....As much as I love Chrystin Williams, its her defense or lack there of in shutting down an opponent's best guard that drives me crazy.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think the MOV all depends on whether they can effectively shut down Robertson and make someone else try to beat them. Can UConn show perimeter defense aka MoJeff, Nurse. Etc....As much as I love Chrystin Williams, its her defense or lack there of in shutting down an opponent's best guard that drives me crazy.
Williams should not be guarding the opponent's best guard. When did she guard the opponent's best guard?

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is not the same team on the road as they are at home.
They've lost to W. Kentucky, Witchita St. and Houston (by 16) in road games. I expect the Huskies to roll.
In keeping with recent trends, UConn up big at halftime and coast to the win.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I am thinking that the game on Sunday is going to be a double digit MOV or maybe a close game, depending on who scores the most points.

You are clearly familiar with the Oracle at Delphi (that I actually got to visit 18 mos ago).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oklahoma is not the same team on the road as they are at home.
They've lost to W. Kentucky, Witchita St. and Houston (by 16) in road games. I expect the Huskies to roll.
In keeping with recent trends, UConn up big at halftime and coast to the win.

Hopefully the team matures and does not play a dominant 1st half followed by a limp to the finish.

Reaction Score
Tony I like your assessment, agree with predicted score. Anticipate a couple of really good runs by OK, Sheri is a good strategy coach she will expose us with what she has at times, it will set us back on our heels for a bit but then we will go on some runs and just overwhelm them... I would add OK will not stop coming at us no matter the score...
Rogue, agree that Sheri is a good strategy coach-never understood why her teams have not performed better relative to total wins. Until UConn plays a team with a strong inside game, freeing up the outside shooters, I don't worry. YTD, we have not had any opponents where we needed to double down low and could concentrate on the 3 point line.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

It's been said that the best indicator of FUTURE behavior is PAST behavior. Let's look at the unranked Sooner's (7-4) last 5 games. Massey currently ranks OU at #69. OU is 3-2 in their last 5 games. They're on a 3 game win streak with home court wins over Drake, Sam Houston State and LSU (#25 at the time).

Their two losses were to unranked @ Western Kentucky (74-63) and @ Wichita State (88-83). Their other two losses were to Missouri State (96-90) and @ Houston (85-69). UConn will be their biggest/toughest game thus far. They've only played 1 school that could be classified as a "major", #25 LSU that they beat 90-62. Number 2 UConn is considerably better than LSU, and I expect will present challenges to the Sooners that the Tigers did not.

Another consideration for this game is that it's "get-a-way" day for all the players. Everyone of them will be heading directly to the airport (bags already packed) immediately after the game to fly home for the Christmas holiday break. Hopefully every player will be able to put the thought of going home on the back burner for the duration of the game, and concentrate on the business at hand.

I also like UConn in this game. I think the final score (MOV) will be determined by the Huskies play in the first half. IF UConn jumps out to an early 20+ point halftime lead, the bench may get more playing time in the second half, as opposed to UConn being behind, or holding on to a single digit lead. That being said, I like UConn by 32 (thanks BobbyJ), 97-65. Go Huskies. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's been said that the best indicator of FUTURE behavior is PAST behavior. Let's look at the unranked Sooner's (7-4) last 5 games. Massey currently ranks OU at #69. OU is 3-2 in their last 5 games. They're on a 3 game win streak with home court wins over Drake, Sam Houston State and LSU (#25 at the time).

Their two losses were to unranked @ Western Kentucky (74-63) and @ Wichita State (88-83). Their other two losses were to Missouri State (96-90) and @ Houston (85-69). UConn will be their biggest/toughest game thus far. They've only played 1 school that could be classified as a "major", #25 LSU that they beat 90-62. Number 2 UConn is considerably better than LSU, and I expect will present challenges to the Sooners that the Tigers did not.

Another consideration for this game is that it's "get-a-way" day for all the players. Everyone of them will be heading directly to the airport (bags already packed) immediately after the game to fly home for the Christmas holiday break. Hopefully every player will be able to put those thoughts on the back burner for the duration of the game, and concentrate on the business at hand. I too like UConn in this game. I think the final score (MOV) will be determined by the Huskies play in the first half. IF UConn runs off to a large halftime lead, the bench may get more playing time in the second half , than if the score is within a single digit. That being said, I like UConn by 22, 97-65. Go Huskies. :)
Hey mate, 97-65 is 32. ;)

Reaction Score

I think CD will play this exactly as Geno has been playing the games. The starting 5 ( with either Anna or Kyla ) will play all of quarter one and quarter three. Absent foul trouble or injury; the "core four" will log about 36 minutes each for the game, on average. Moly will see little court time, and the transfer will see none. OU will give us a pretty good game. But Think we come out the winner.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Another consideration for this game is that it's "get-a-way" day for all the players. Everyone of them will be heading directly to the airport (bags already packed) immediately after the game to fly home for the Christmas holiday break. Hopefully every player will be able to put those thoughts on the back burner for the duration of the game, and concentrate on the business at hand. I too like UConn in this game. I think the final score (MOV) will be determined by the Huskies play in the first half. IF UConn runs off to a large halftime lead, the bench may get more playing time in the second half , than if the score is within a single digit. That being said, I like UConn by 32 (thanks BobbyJ), 97-65. Go Huskies. :)
Carnac, If this is your prediction, please post it on the Prognosticators page so it's official.

Reaction Score
Williams should not be guarding the opponent's best guard. When did she guard the opponent's best guard?
That is the problem. She can't do it but should be able to as talented as she is....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Robertson is the best 3-point shooter in the nation this season. She makes 5+ per game and shoots 49%. We need to slow her down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom