Some thoughts looking forward to tomorrow | The Boneyard

Some thoughts looking forward to tomorrow

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its really nice to see Ania who was a point guard in Europe making the passes and plays shes making. One more really good passer helps so much. When her shot comes around look out. With Westbrook out for the season Ania and Griff will be developed and both we be contributors. With next years class coming in all the pressure will be off them to step into the lineup and be expected to play at the highest level. Yesterday gave many fans hope. The quick passing gave our shooters a second more to get their shot off. We're not where we want to be yet but we showed signs of what is to come. Dont forget this is only our third game and we did look good in the 1st and 4th qtr which means its starting to sink in. With that said dont get your expectations up to high because we're not there yet. Its going to be up and down for a while until be get it all together. We will continue to have great qtrs and look like the UConn teams of old and there will be times when we go flat and score very little. We are a young team and this is what happens, when there is a learning curve. This season and this years team could be Geno's greatest accomplishment when it all comes together. Above all our passing makes it happen and with ONO underneath we can go a long way in the NCAA tournament. 30+ pts in the first qtr makes me believe that. Having a big lead and then allowing them to get within 11 and then blowing the game wide open makes me realize we are getting there and we are not there yet. Its going to come down to consistency and that will happen as the season progresses. Well tomorrow nite we have Virginia at home. Its gonna be a fun game to watch

Reaction Score
I am hopeful and looking forward to Ania lighting up the basket against Virginia and scoring double digits with 3's and other baskets. There is no question, at least, in my mind, that she has great understanding of the game and an awareness of the presence of her teammates. I am wishing her well and I also would like to see Aubrey continue her growth on the court.

Reaction Score
The two things I'm wishing for tomorrow are:
  • Anna makes threes like everyone knows she can AND she takes some of the layups on her drives to the basket
  • Kyla gets some minutes before the game is out of reach because she's proven herself to be capable of being in the game (at least I'm hoping she's proven herself in practice or something)
Regardless I want to see the same kind of offensive flow that UConn had in the first quarter against Temple. Pretty passes and plenty of ball movement leading to open/easy shots.

Reaction Score
The two things I'm wishing for tomorrow are:
  • Anna makes threes like everyone knows she can AND she takes some of the layups on her drives to the basket
  • Kyla gets some minutes before the game is out of reach because she's proven herself to be capable of being in the game (at least I'm hoping she's proven herself in practice or something)
Regardless I want to see the same kind of offensive flow that UConn had in the first quarter against Temple. Pretty passes and plenty of ball movement leading to open/easy shots.
Good point. Believe drives creating layups will relax her and lead to the 3 pointers we all want to see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom