Some things I think I saw | The Boneyard

Some things I think I saw

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Some good, some bad. I'm going to hope on the old saying about week 1 to 2 being the biggest jump.

Pindell - Looked to me like the game was a little fast for him and he got frustrated. Saw more than a couple of plays where he clearly thought he was outrunning a defender and that didn't happen. Some of the same with the passing game, it's good to be decisive but you've gotta be right. I think we're gonna see some platooning until he gets settled in. We're lucky BrS came back, but I'm hoping that sideline throw to a wide open Mayala is one that Pindell can make.
O-line - Lacked in physicality but didn't appear to be the disorganized mess of years past. I think they wore the Crusaders down in the second half.
RB - Gonna have to pick our spots for AK and use NH for the bread and butter.
WR - Lots of playmakers; we're gonna get some missed tackle, catch-and-runs on those quick hitters.
Def - Not spectacular but really only gave up two short field drives. Props for the 2nd half shutout. Need FF to say on the field.. and hope JJ's not out for an extended absence; lack of word there, has me worried.
Specials - Gonna have some growing pains with Swann but he's what we've been wanting.. just have to suffer through the mistakes but he's going to make a play or two.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good point on OLine.

While not overpowering they at least had helmet on helmet. The past several years of zone blocking would have one or more UConn linemen literally standing around flailing their arms while defenders had free reign in to UConn backfield.

Baby steps forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom