Some things I learned on the CSNBBS AAC board | The Boneyard

Some things I learned on the CSNBBS AAC board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been an amusing bit of reading to say the least...

-UCF fans are cocky. They have had one season of relevance and they literally think they will be good at football forever.

-UConn fans should stop complaining about basically being in Conference USA. The prospects of playing Tulane and UCF in basketball are way better than playing former BE foes that we actually have tradition with.

-USF caused the downfall of the Big East because Judy Genshaft kept UCF out of the Big East

-Memphis makes cracks about our football team even though they are so bad that they made our team look like the New England Patriots.

-The Big East could have been saved if only it had added UCF sooner

The place is literally a treasure trove.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The Conference USA fans (namely Houston and UCF) have completely deteriorated that board. I was already familiar with the Memphis fans from the old C-USA days and they are by in large funny more than irritating. All the worthwhile mods were Syracuse or Pittsburgh fans, and the Cincinnati mods have given up on it. Shame that a great board has become what it is today...

Reaction Score
The Conference USA fans (namely Houston and UCF) have completely deteriorated that board. I was already familiar with the Memphis fans from the old C-USA days and they are by in large funny more than irritating. All the worthwhile mods were Syracuse or Pittsburgh fans, and the Cincinnati mods have given up on it. Shame that a great board has become what it is today...

Hadn't noticed the Houston fans yet. But UCF fans are idiots.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've never noticed any great Cuse or Pitt mods. Every poster there has an agenda, which often involves burying every other team in the conference.

Reaction Score
It did cross my mind, as people were bashing Louisville and cheering for their fall during the football season, that it seemed a bit short sighted.

Having UCF win the AAC/Fiesta Bowl hurts UCONN worse than had Louisville won.

What happened with Louisville is water under the bridge.

UCF winning football, Cincy winning basketball is not good....

They (UCF) certainly seem to be making themselves feel at home....

Reaction Score
UCF is a good football program and they are well coached. Like it or not, they are the bogey.

Reaction Score
UCF is a program that does have good years...and then bad years..

Their last two seasons, with a good QB, were good.

But..Three seasons back they were 5-7. Four seasons back, they won 11...Six seasons back, they were 4-8.

UCF has a pattern of stringing a couple of good years together with experienced players and then falling off to a losing season.

If they can recruit, and I think they will pull ahead in the AAC, then they can build enough depth to avoid a losing year every three years.

Reaction Score
No doubt that UCF is on a good path at the moment. But it doesn't mean that the conference revolves around them. I remember back when everyone thought that Louisville was going to take over the conference into perpetuity. Then Petrino left.

UCF lost some key players and coaches this offseason. They are going to run into some friction.

Reaction Score
We got zero in common with those schools. Let's hope our stay in this purgatory is a short one. We just need to move on as soon as we can.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We got zero in common with those schools. Let's hope our stay in this purgatory is a short one. We just need to move on as soon as we can.
I definitely feel bad for UConn. Looking at our conference football schedule makes me feel like it is 2002 again, expect the only mildly interesting opponent (Louisville) isn't on it any more...

Reaction Score
I've been a lurker on many boards and blogs but like the BY the most and the SU fans board the least "with notable exceptions"(BC don't seem to have one with much traffic?)! The combination of intelligent posters and mods and tolerance make this(BY) the SEC of interest/boards and SU at the opposite end of the spectrum. I also found frankthetanks midwestern/B1G board intelligent, friendly and absorbing for the most part which in the end will also be of interest to IMO B1g bound (2+ yrs?) UConn.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Oh and just so everyone on here knows...BC is New England's team...

Yes, because Gene DiFilippo and their hockey team make them so. Not having any other success whatsoever doesn't negate that.

Reaction Score
I definitely feel bad for UConn. Looking at our conference football schedule makes me feel like it is 2002 again, expect the only mildly interesting opponent (Louisville) isn't on it any more...

We really got nothing in common with those schools. On top of it, they know nothing about UCONN either so most discussions there are based on perception and limited knowledge of schools like UCONN. I just hope CR starts again and we can move on from this train wreck. The only positive for us in the AAC is it might give us the opportunity to build up our football program again.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It did cross my mind, as people were bashing Louisville and cheering for their fall during the football season, that it seemed a bit short sighted.

Having UCF win the AAC/Fiesta Bowl hurts UCONN worse than had Louisville won.
How so? Where is UCF going? The only possible conference that would want them would be the Big 12 and I can't see Texas swallowing that pill. The ACC will have FSU and Miami blocking another Florida school and I'm not even going to pretend that the B1G would even sniff UCF. So where are they exactly going? Cincy is the only school that has a shot of moving on before us and that's only because of them being closer to WVU and the Big 12 feeling they need to get to 12. If BYU ever gets over themselves then look for Cincy to be their pair to the Big 12. Other than that, the rest of the AAC can do as they please and I can;t see them getting a ticket before us. I'm not trying to be pompous and think UConn's doesn't stink. It's just the reality of who would expand and their reasons for it. I also believe 100% that we would never get a Big 12 invite and it's probably for the best, even if it's a way out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
How so? Where is UCF going? The only possible conference that would want them would be the Big 12 and I can't see Texas swallowing that pill. The ACC will have FSU and Miami blocking another Florida school and I'm not even going to pretend that the B1G would even sniff UCF. So where are they exactly going? Cincy is the only school that has a shot of moving on before us and that's only because of them being closer to WVU and the Big 12 feeling they need to get to 12. If BYU ever gets over themselves then look for Cincy to be their pair to the Big 12. Other than that, the rest of the AAC can do as they please and I can;t see them getting a ticket before us. I'm not trying to be pompous and think UConn's doesn't stink. It's just the reality of who would expand and their reasons for it. I also believe 100% that we would never get a Big 12 invite and it's probably for the best, even if it's a way out of the AAC.

UCF gets a Big 12 invite if FOX tells them that they will pay X dollars more for a school located in the Orlando tv market.

Texas may try to fight any Big 12 expansion but, the other 9 schools realize that they don't have the LHN to rely on for revenues and will listen to what their tv partner says if it means a significant raise for them.

While the ACC network may be a fantasy at least it gives the ACC schools something to hold on for. The Big 12 schools know that as long as there is a LHN they will never get a conference network and rely solely on FOX for their revenue.

If FOX says expand, and the dollars are significant, they will expand

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
UCF gets a Big 12 invite if FOX tells them that they will pay X dollars more for a school located in the Orlando tv market.

Texas may try to fight any Big 12 expansion but, the other 9 schools realize that they don't have the LHN to rely on for revenues and will listen to what their tv partner says if it means a significant raise for them.

While the ACC network may be a fantasy at least it gives the ACC schools something to hold on for. The Big 12 schools know that as long as there is a LHN they will never get a conference network and rely solely on FOX for their revenue.

If FOX says expand, and the dollars are significant, they will expand
That's probably correct but then are they running the risk of Texas looking elsewhere and leaving the Big 12? I don't know if any other conference would accept the fact that they have their own network on top of being in a different conference but Texas was the big prize no one could nab last go round. I would imagine they'd be a hot commodity again should they express anger at adding a UCF. If Texas leaves, the Big 12 is gone.

While the above is a what if, the Big 12 adding a UCF would make travel in that conference ridiculous. It would be in Florida, WV, and then the great plains. What a mess. Then again, the AAC isn't much better.

Reaction Score
Nobody gives a crap about UCF.

It's tougher to get into Disney World than it is to get into UCF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCF is a good football program and they are well coached. Like it or not, they are the bogey.
I hate them esp because O'leary has no respect for eastern FB except for Cuse and PSU and has made it known over the years!! When no one ever heard about UCF and they'd play an eastern team he'd say no one watches(name your team)....talk about inflated sense of self ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom