Some questions | The Boneyard

Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. If Stewie is picked up by the Connecticut Sun, which player will be cut? Kayla Pedersen? Certainly not Dr. Elizabeth Williams?
2. Will Dangerfield's lack of height be a problem against the better teams (ND, SCAR, MD etc)?
3. I would like UCONN to recruit a top notch center from the 2016 batch. What are our chances of striking out?

Thanks in advance.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1. If Stewie is picked up by the Connecticut Sun, which player will be cut? Kayla Pedersen? Certainly not Dr. Elizabeth Williams?
2. Will Dangerfield's lack of height be a problem against the better teams (ND, SCAR, MD etc)?
3. I would like UCONN to recruit a top notch center from the 2016 batch. What are our chances of striking out?

Thanks in advance.
1) Neither. Suns are safely out of the Stewie sweepstakes because they have won 14 Games this season ,twice as many as San Antonio and 5 more than Seattle.
2) No. The UCONN system relies on spacing, game management, quickness and the ability to shoot from the PG position . Players of similar stature to Dangerfield ( Moriah Jefferson, Lorin Dixon, and Sue Bird) have done quite well in the UCONN offense and so will Dangerfield.
3) By most accounts UCONN is still only pursuing 2 such players (Lauren Cox & Felicia Aiyeotan). If UCONN were to "strike out"-land neither player- it migh hurt UCONN's chances of contending for NC after 2016. I say might because UCONN's NC chances will depend on where Cox signs and who UCONN will sign in the follow on classes.

Reaction Score
1) Neither. Suns are safely out of the Stewie sweepstakes because they have won 14 Games this season ,twice as many as San Antonio and 5 more than Seattle.

Still have third best chance of getting the first pick, not out by any means.

Reaction Score
2..How much shorter is she than Moriah? We know how that worked out.
She is 2" shorter than Moriah, 4" shorter than Sue Bird. I've seen her play - she did look tiny out there. But that didn't seem to make much difference - ha.

Reaction Score
2) No. The UCONN system relies on spacing, game management, quickness and the ability to shoot from the PG position . Players of similar stature to Dangerfield ( Moriah Jefferson, Lorin Dixon, and Sue Bird) have done quite well in the UCONN offense and so will Dangerfield.
3) By most accounts UCONN is still only pursuing 2 such players (Lauren Cox & Felicia Aiyeotan). If UCONN were to "strike out"-land neither player- it migh hurt UCONN's chances of contending for NC after 2016. I say might because UCONN's NC chances will depend on where Cox signs and who UCONN will sign in the follow on classes.
\

Watching Dangerfield in the u19 games -- was there a better point guard out there? She played with and against a lot of bigs--and she wasn't playing "within the Uconn system". Great PG find a way to be great. With a year under her belt at Uconn how great can she be??
Felicia, from what I have read, has some skills, needs more, but is intelligent and has desire to be better (that is the attribute that has separated the greats from the pretty goods).
Some pundits have Cox not in Uconn's bag of tricks yet. Who then??

Reaction Score
She is 2" shorter than Moriah, 4" shorter than Sue Bird. I've seen her play - she did look tiny out there. But that didn't seem to make much difference - ha.
She is 5'6", not tall but not too short. We need quality not quantity.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The Storm has atleast 2 UConn players and is 5 games worse than the Sun? unbelieveable

Reaction Score
The Storm has atleast 2 UConn players and is 5 games worse than the Sun? unbelieveable

Yeah, but the Sun 's been stockpiling the number one picks of the drafts for the last seven or eight centuries...the ones they needed to have, like Griner, Maya they traded away..

Reaction Score
Another player of similar stature to compare her against is Renee Montgomery, who is listed at 5'7"...a touch above CD. Most of us would be happy if CD has a career as good as the one that Renee had.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Another player of similar stature to compare her against is Renee Montgomery, who is listed at 5'7"...a touch above CD. Most of us would be happy if CD has a career as good as the one that Renee had.
Unfortunately the use of CD in reference to Crystal Dangerfield is bound to cause some confusion as it referes to a former player (Caroline Doty) and a present coach (Chris Dailey).

Reaction Score
She is 5'6", not tall but not too short. We need quality not quantity.
She was listed at 5'5" when I saw her last fall, but she looked about 5'3". Agree on quality - her height didn't seem to keep her from superior ball handling and making shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom