Some observations from last night/rant | The Boneyard

Some observations from last night/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alright, here it goes...

1. Fans getting to their seats early last night. They get a pass for last night because traffic on 84 was a nightmare, and I'm sure 91 was just as bad. Seriously, who schedules a football game and a concert at the same time on the same night in roughly the same city? That was just dumb on everyone's part.

2. The blue out. Anyone else think that our marketing department didn't do a good job spreading the word on this? Who besides the diehard fan knew it was a blue out? I get that there was the digital billboard on 84 that said wear blue, but that's hit or miss with people driving on 84. It's great for those who actually drove by it...but what says they had plans of going to the game? Were they supposed to drive by it and say "oh uconn is having a blue out this Friday. I'm going to go to the game. And what about those who didn't drive by the billboard until Friday night? I just think that if we're going to do something like that, it needs to be developed a heck of a lot better. More so, why not provide blue shirts for the 40,000 in attendance? That's a drop in the bucket if we have the cash to pony up for pyro for the rest of the season.

3. The student section. I admit, I'm a graduate and I still get to the game as gates open so I can be in the front row of the student section. I had to work last night so that didn't happen. But I did still sit in the student section. The student body is more focused on drinking than the game. This is extremely disheartening. The student section was absolutely emotionless last night except for a few occasions. The students should be ashamed of themselves. A loud and ruckus student section can be a game changer. The university needs to stop calling them "the best student section in the country" because they aren't. We/they may be one of the worst.

4. The pyro. The pyro last night was awesome. It's a nice touch. But a couple of things: figure out the timing cues so the captains aren't at midfield when the pyro at mid field is supposed to go off, and secondly, whatever song they are coming out to needs to be changed. The O! Fortuna era may be over, but we need a comparable song, not a crappy hip hop song. I'm sure that strikes fear into the heart of our opponent. At least something that says we mean business, not "we're here to party"

Reaction Score
For all the talk on the "blue-out", I thought it would bomb yet again, but I didn't think it was bad at all. Looking around the stadium there were plenty of people wearing blue. Problem is it's a dark color and doesn't stand out well (especially at night) unless every fan is wearing it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. TV pretty much selects the game time, they don't give a crap about a concert up the road.

2. The Blue Out at night is stupid. Most people actually had on blue, but it doesn't show up anyway.

3. That isn't just in the student section, the guys next to me were standing and talking and facing away from the field most of the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
White out is far better on tv. My wife kept asking why so many seats were empty. I kept having to tell her that most seats were full but the whole place was blue and made it look empty at times.

Reaction Score
See, that's the thing...Penn state does a white out and all of happy valley is wearing white, and they have pom Poms. It looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom