Some new names on UConn's updated roster... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some new names on UConn's updated roster...

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Unless he's running against some really slow dudes in those clips, Chaney has some serious breakaway speed and length to boot! Certainly a welcome addition. Welcome aboard Jerrell!
Reminds me of Marcus Easly with that stride

Reaction Score
Unless he's running against some really slow dudes in those clips, Chaney has some serious breakaway speed and length to boot! Certainly a welcome addition. Welcome aboard Jerrell!

Here are his track times: Jarrell Chaney

I'm not an expert on these but my first impression from looking at these is that he's fast (consistent with what seems to be a theme in REv2.0 recruiting), but wouldn't be a breakaway guy at this level. It seems he's more of a good combination of speed and size. I hope he likes going across the middle.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I thought Buss withdrew last year to care for a sick parent and played in 2015. So last year was his sit out year as a hardship case.

I get that we might need bodies but does anyone else have concerns that we are takin 3 1AA transfers? Not knocking Edsall for doing it but I am concerned that The only guy in America who wAs worse than Pasaualoni didn't recruit too well either

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interesting to put Pryor on defense considering how many DBs we have coming in this year and now next year. He looks Robbie Frey like in the highlight reel for the RB position and I would think we need more bodies at RB anyway.

I thought the same thing, looks like Robbie.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Are we sure all of these new names are on scholarship? I could see Steer as a walk on.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I thought Buss withdrew last year to care for a sick parent and played in 2015. So last year was his sit out year as a hardship case.

I get that we might need bodies but does anyone else have concerns that we are takin 3 1AA transfers? Not knocking Edsall for doing it but I am concerned that The only guy in America who wAs worse than Pasaualoni didn't recruit too well either

Not all of them are necessarily on scholarship. Brad Westmark (QB #18) transferred in from Marist last year and is still a walk-on AFAIK. I definitely think that compared to true FR walk-ons, they have a little more to bring to the table.

Reaction Score
19 defensive backs on the roster. Someone should surprise.

Reaction Score
Here are his track times: Jarrell Chaney

I'm not an expert on these but my first impression from looking at these is that he's fast (consistent with what seems to be a theme in REv2.0 recruiting), but wouldn't be a breakaway guy at this level. It seems he's more of a good combination of speed and size. I hope he likes going across the middle.

If you check the video he either always makes the corner or never gets caught from behind. I didn't check his track times before I made the observation - but nobody ever caught him.

Reaction Score

Correct, but this kid was dominant while @ Duquesne. Him transferring up to us kinda reminds me of what's going on in men's College Basketball nowadays. Mid major kids transferring to high major schools and being productive... Hoping this will be the same for us with Buss now in the fold.

Reaction Score
Are we sure all of these new names are on scholarship? I could see Steer as a walk on.
I agree here. He's an in state kid too so tuition and room and board, along a few grants, make it a little more affordable for him especially.

Reaction Score
I agree here. He's an in state kid too so tuition and room and board, along a few grants, make it a little more affordable for him especially.

Not to mention he could earn a scholarship if RE likes the effort/work he puts in.

Reaction Score
Chaney looks like a future scholarship player to me either as a WR or safety. Very impressed with his skills on defense actually (and offense), he's not afraid to hit. I see him as another Obi or Byron Jones (smart and well spoken). Great pick up by the staff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

>>Speaking of departures, Bristol's Ben Pryor, a redshirt freshman defensive back who was announced as one of the late additions to the program by Edsall on media day, is no longer on the roster. I've been able to confirm that he is no longer a part of the program.<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

>>Speaking of departures, Bristol's Ben Pryor, a redshirt freshman defensive back who was announced as one of the late additions to the program by Edsall on media day, is no longer on the roster. I've been able to confirm that he is no longer a part of the program.<<

Did he have time to unpack his bags?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom