Some interesting Tulsa game stats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some interesting Tulsa game stats

Reaction Score
Cobb and KO had words - he’s in the doghouse!
is he gonna transfer, too? seems like Ollie puts a lot of players in the dog house and they never come back.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
is he gonna transfer, too? seems like Ollie puts a lot of players in the dog house and they never come back.

Can't wait for it to be spun as some soul-crushing loss if it happens.

Reaction Score
Can't wait for it to be spun as some soul-crushing loss if it happens.
if we replace him with someone worse like we did this off-season it's worth scalitoing about

Reaction Score
That’s why no one yells at players a la Calhoun or knight anymore. Coach k a little. But that’s about it. Kids just turn off and leave. There aren’t too many father figure coaches anymore just friendly teachers. You forget these guys are recruiting all these kids friends as well.

Reaction Score
That’s why no one yells at players a la Calhoun or knight anymore. Coach k a little. But that’s about it. Kids just turn off and leave. There aren’t too many father figure coaches anymore just friendly teachers. You forget these guys are recruiting all these kids friends as well.

VERY true. Players today are used to getting their egos stroked. I have worked in schools for the last 25 years, kids in general can't handle criticism parents don't allow it. They don't even criticize their kids too busy being their friends and defenders

C

Chief00

I know it’s pros but he did it in college too - Brad Stevens has found that right balance. I will need to observe him more closely to see how he pulls it off.

C

Chief00

This spring, if I could take one player and be responsible for his development and improvement - it would be either Cobb or Whaley.
Cobb sabotages himself during games so much that it’s difficult for a Coach to keep him out there even if he was given 10 fouls. Yet, he does appear to have certain untapped skills and physical ability.

Reaction Score
Anderson is absolute trash. A 5th year PG that can’t inbound the call up 1 with 10 seconds left? That was the softest stuff I’ve ever seen from a UConn guard.
Tough to blame Anderson when Ollie's teams have had the same problem for years.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
As is Polley i believe

Reaction Score
This spring, if I could take one player and be responsible for his development and improvement - it would be either Cobb or Whaley.
Cobb sabotages himself during games so much that it’s difficult for a Coach to keep him out there even if he was given 10 fouls. Yet, he does appear to have certain untapped skills and physical ability.

Cobb is pretty old to learn new tricks. I mean, hanging on the perimeter, bringing the ball up the court! Wow--it's just insanity.

Whaley and Carlton are 2 players who, with development, will become interesting pieces.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I missed the beginning, but from what I saw, that second statement can’t really be true.

It is true. And Carlton was not good yesterday.

That should tell you about Cobbs brief appearance.

Reaction Score
It was nice to see Larrier pass the ball for once. A pretty remarkable stat that I noticed yesterday during the game was that his season output for field goal attempts: 180. Assists: 9.

He had 4 last night.

Reaction Score
One other stat from the box score. Adams and Larrier played all 50 minutes. Just shows how bad the depth is. It's a catch 22 but I don't think they can continue to play the minutes they are to be fully effective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom