Some interesting results tonight | The Boneyard

Some interesting results tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
#12 UCLA about to lose to CSN at home. That's either Cal State-Northridge or Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

#5 ND over K State by 30. Irish looking pretty good.

#9 Maryland over UDel by 16. EDD played but was rusty, as Bria was a few weeks ago.

#24 WVU lost to Duquesne.

#18 Oklahoma over UC Riverside by 24. UCR is Division I?

# 20 Texas beat Ivy Cornell by 13. Not impressive.

#22 TAMU over former powerhouse ODU by 23.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
#12 UCLA about to lose to CSN at home. That's either Cal State-Northridge or Crosby, Stills, and Nash. FWIW, Arizona beat CS Northridge earlier in the year. Arizona isn't all that good . . .

#24 WVU lost to Duquesne. I hear good things about Duquesne on / off. I know they are well coached. WVU is 7-3 with no signature wins, and the losses were "OK".

#18 Oklahoma over UC Riverside by 24. UCR is Division I? Yes

# 20 Texas beat Ivy Cornell by 13. Not impressive. Texas has lost to UCLA and Tennessee. Like WVU, they lack any signature win.

#22 TAMU over former powerhouse ODU by 23. Actually, ODU is off to a good start. TAMU overcame their early funk and has been winning of late.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone is playing great ball for TAMU. Plus she looks to be in the best physical shape that I have seen.

CSN led Penn State by 17 points earlier this year until someone put a lid on the basket. They have been an in and out team all year. They play at Oklahoma next.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UCLA losing to Cal-Northridge? :rolleyes:

I'd bet a 6 pack of Cheerwine, a dozen Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and a plate of Lexington BBQ that a Paper Tiger wouldnt lose to Cal State Northridge :p

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Texas A&M had an early funk, KnightBridge, but rather they just had a brutal opening slate. They lost close games @ Louisville and vs. Penn St, then got blown out at home by UConn. Tonight they play Notre Dame in the final, so we'll see how far they've come. Bone has had an excellent tournament so far, so it will be a good challenge for the Irish post players. Diggins has had a very good tournament thus far, but we'll see how she does against more challenging competition this evening.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think Blair is a great coach and will have them looking better come tournament time. I wasn't impressed with Bone when I saw her in the UConn game, but mainly because she looks like she's wasting her incredible physical gifts. If she had her body and Dolson's attitude and work ethic, she'd be unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Something wrong with depth in WCBB. Texas beats a team at home by 13, scoring only 53 points. That same team lost to Texas A&M CC Islands to give the Texas A &M CC team their only win in 10 games. Texas was only ahead 29-25 with about 7 minutes to go in the 2nd half. How can Texas be the # 20th team in WCBB.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
California State Northridge (CSN) has expanded its comapus to Youngstown California (Y). It will now be known as CSN &Y.

But the Y campus comes & goes, doesn't it?

Reaction Score
... #24 WVU lost to Duquesne...

Now, that's what I call embarrassing. They've lost two straight to Duquesne now.

It'll be interesting to watch Coach Suzie McConnell-Serio's progress with the Duquesne women to see if she can make them a team to be feared. I hope she does, because maybe then other schools will get the obvious message that if they want good results for their women's teams, they'll have to find good coaches, and not keep hiring recycled losers simply because they've held the position of Head Coach before at the Division I level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom