Some incomplete Passes by Joe. F/Missing wide open players vs GA ST. | The Boneyard

Some incomplete Passes by Joe. F/Missing wide open players vs GA ST.

Reaction Score
Instance of JF reading his options way too slow...He missed Porter wide open underneath him
Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 1.45.32 PM.png

I am not sure why Joe.F did not scramble to his right when a defender was blitzing from the edge.. This was the incomplete pass when ross ran a corner route. Hr may have Joly wide open/ Buckman or I believe Houston if he scrambled to his right
Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 1.46.12 PM.png

Reaction Score
Right here Joe could have somewhat dump the pass off to the running back on his left instead of taking the scramble.
Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 1.40.12 PM.png

I would say rewatching the game.. our Tight ends are a liability when it comes to blocking off the edge. Holy Moly are they really bad, and also Walker got overwhelmed and we may need a bigger size center because him getting pushed back into the qb makes our qb's have happy feet and even in the running game, the gaps get closed up really really quick. TQ also missed some players opened, but in the second half he started seeing the open guys and chunking the ball deep. I feel like in all honesty if the score was 14-0 by halftime we could've came back, but defense got gassed out the whole 2nd half.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Instance of JF reading his options way too slow...He missed Porter wide open underneath him
View attachment 91390

I am not sure why Joe.F did not scramble to his right when a defender was blitzing from the edge.. This was the incomplete pass when ross ran a corner route. Hr may have Joly wide open/ Buckman or I believe Houston if he scrambled to his right
View attachment 91391
Not saying he couldn’t do better, but you can cherry pick plays from every great QB in history and find a load of missed opportunities and reads. You have the luxury of watching tapes after the fact. What is much more telling is the general ability to move the team, make a high percent of the proper reads and execute them.

Reaction Score
You can also show missed plays at any position. Running backs missing holes. Lineman missing blocks....

Reaction Score
Not saying he couldn’t do better, but you can cherry pick plays from every great QB in history and find a load of missed opportunities and reads. You have the luxury of watching tapes after the fact. What is much more telling is the general ability to move the team, make a high percent of the proper reads and execute them.
You can also show missed plays at any position. Running backs missing holes. Lineman missing blocks....
That is true, but mora statement of Joe missing receivers that were open is very telling from the press conference. I’m not trying to cherry pick but when your offense is not effective and been stagnant the past two weeks, it comes back to the qb. The center position is questionable, but go watch our TEs and you’ll see they cannot hold a block.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom