Some Humble Pie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some Humble Pie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
mattp:
excellent point you make about so few alumni actually experiencing D-1a football
we as fans need to step back sometimes and take a more pragmatic look @ things in order to realize the UConn football program has been on a pretty impressive trajectory to date.
most of us here (myself included) have a much higher expectation for the program than being satisfied winning 10-6 w/out an offensive TD, but coach P has the roster he has and for the remainder of this season, any win will be cherished.
hoping for much BIGger & better things for the future, and w/ that expected progress will come a growing fanbase.
Go HUSKIES!!!!
beat PITT!!!

Reaction Score
This win was positively Edsallesque. Get a lead off a freak play and then try to run out the clock for 20 minutes.

UConn played well on defense against a good opponent, and did just enough offensively to pull it out. I'll take it.

The irony, of course, is that you just played P a huge compliment, even though we all know that wasn't your intent.

Forget Edsallian. But for the weather, that game was idential to the win over USF at the Rent in '05

Reaction Score
I had a family commitment earlier in the day & rushed to the Rent. We parked our vehicle in the back of Blue Lot just in time for opening kickoff. As we hustled to the gate to get into the stadium, I was amazed at the number of tailgaters still partying in the lot & in no hurry to pack up enter the Rent. Maybe they just wanted to avoid lines at the gates, but we walked right up & got in with no trouble.

Reaction Score
football isn't the number one priority in my life, like it may be for some hillbilly in Alabama, but to be honest it doesn't bother me that our fans have lives outside of football season.

I enjoyed the rest of your post, but this struck me as overly judgmental and pretentious for seemingly no reason. I understand that you have priorities outside of football, but being dismissive of others doesn't contribute to your post whatsoever.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the rest of your post, but this struck me as overly judgmental and pretentious for seemingly no reason. I understand that you have priorities outside of football, but being dismissive of others doesn't contribute to your post whatsoever.

you're right. i was a to say that. i should preface it with i'm from kentucky so i don't use the term hillbilly as a derogatory offensive term, but more as one of endearment, but i was still a to say that

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Honestly... to approach 40k fans each and every weekend, in a place with a lot of different options AND where football isn't institutionalized the way it is in other states is pretty good, and given the fact that the PR department under Hathaway was worse than most minor league baseball teams...

UConn has a nice solid foundation... I'm excited to see what happens in the future.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
This win was positively Edsallesque. Get a lead off a freak play and then try to run out the clock for 20 minutes.

UConn played well on defense against a good opponent, and did just enough offensively to pull it out. I'll take it.
It might have something to do with the fact that the personnel is downright Edsellesque...

Reaction Score
CoachCap experienced first hand the dilemma for our fan base. Now don't misunderstand me, if our fan base wants to use the football games as mere venues for their all afternoon tailgates with buddies and don't really care about the game, that's their choice. But as long as we don't perceive "the game" as the most important element of the day, we'll continue to saunter in, not be in our seats before kickoff, and look like a second class program to the TV viewer. And don't underestimate the drawing power of a winning, raucous game day experience. Those fence sitters flipping TV channels need to get excited by what they see and buy a few tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom