Some funny stuff from Captain Delusional | The Boneyard

Some funny stuff from Captain Delusional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some funny stuff here, looking back. I hope the Rays keep the pressure on the Sox and keep them from resting their players and setting up their pitching but I actually hope the Sox still get the wild card. I never thought I would actually root for the Sox.

*********************************************************************************************
Posted: 6/26/2011 11:20 AM

Are the Red Sox the Miami Heat?

The great Andrew Miller has to play stopper to prevent a 5 game losing streak heading to Philly. With Lackey,Wakefield and Miller in the rotation they are very beatable right now.

Like Lebron and crew the media crowned the Sox as champs after winning the off season. Like Miami the lack of depth after the superstars could come back to bite Boston.

*********************************************************************************************
Posted: 5/16/2011 3:15 PM

What are the Yanks made of?

Posada and Jeter are feeling internal pressure, Soriano has a bad elbow, ARod is cold and made a Buckner like error to seal the Boston sweep last night, Colon and Garcia have returned to earth, Nova is pitching like a rookie, Swisher is playing like the 2008 version who batted .219. Toronto ,Baltimore and Boston are all on the heels. Price and Shields await the next two days with a hot Mets team lurking for what could be the biggest NY media circus since the last big NY media circus.

Posted: 4/19/2011 12:02 PM

Johnny Damon co-Al Player of the week

Nice week for JD becoming the first player to have walk off homers for 5 differnet teams.

Losing Manny may be the break Tampa needed to get going. Sam Fuld moves into left where he currently leads the AL in batting and stolen bases and Damon slides to DH.

Posted: 3/31/2011 10:14 AM

2011 Player predictions

AL MVP Longoria
AL Cy Young Lester
AL Rookie Hellickson
AL Comeback player Manny
Posted: 3/31/2011 10:05 AM

Predictions 2011 teams

Al East Boston
Al Central Chicago
AL West A's
WC Tampa

NL East Phils
NL Central Brewers
NL West Giants
WC Braves

WS Rays over Phils

Posted: 2/9/2011 4:32 PM

Re: A young guy that gets it now ?

Hellickson dominated the minors and was CY Young caliber in the 4 starts he made with Tampa....[speaking about Robinson Chirinos] A catcher known for his defense who put up better offensive numbers then Montero in AA-AAA last year.

Posted: 2/9/2011 6:20 PM

Re: A young guy that gets it now ?

Robinson Chirnos was a struggling SS until 2 years ago when he started catching. Tampa got higher rated players in the Garza deal but this kid may be the key. He hit .326/.416/.583 last year with 18 homers, 74 rbi's in 319 Ab's. Basbeall Prospectus PECOTA ratings predict him to have a line of 276/.360/.471 http://theprocessreport.com/20...inson-chirinos/
if he gets playing time in the majors. I agree that Montero is a Piazza, Manny type hitting prospect but where is he going to play? Chirnos from all reports is outstanding with the glove. I will be watching him carefully in ST he could be a gem to go with Jaso.

Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38 PM

Re: The Damon and Manny show hits St Pete

The Yanks missed Damon last year. Nick Johnson, Winn, and Berkman weren't as good as JD.

Manny knows the Trop well he rakes there.....(48 extra base hits, 72 RBIs and 1.003 OPS in 77 games).

Reaction Score
Dude, you need help man. You really put alot of time into that.

Reaction Score
Dude, you need help man. You really put alot of time into that.

I did it while eating a bagel sandwich for lunch. Read the quotes "dude". I think you are the one that needs help. Still think Longoria is MVP material? Still think Zobrist is equal to Pedroia and Cano? Still think the Rays will take the Phillies in the world series. Were you deprived of oxygen at birth?

Reaction Score
This from a guy that obsesses over minor league baseball like a jock sniffing stalker. Looking forward to your insane levels of homerism in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Ya...I would say huskymaniac needs help. You really dug up all those posts? A lot of the stuff was accurate as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You know what's funny?

Blowing a 9.5 game lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics