Some days the bear eats you. | The Boneyard

Some days the bear eats you.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Was hoping that Iowa might slay the beast, but the Bears chomped the Hawkeyes. (to mix a metaphor. why not?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah. One versus three or four, or five never turns out well for the one. Still she put up a hell of a fight.

Reaction Score
Was at the game, left at the start of the 4th. Baylor has 4 very good bigs. Not a good matchup for Iowa. But 3 of the Baylor bigs like to stay in the paint on D, which they can not do against UConn if that's the way the tourney will go.

salt over left shoulder.

Reaction Score
Baylor is just at another level. They remind me of our 2016 team when the big 3 were seniors.

Iowa was scrappy all game long, but the execution was unfortunately sloppy. And I thought their game plan of pounding it inside against the Baylor bigs was questionable, Gustafson notwithstanding. As Andy Landers said at halftime, they needed to establish some kind of perimeter game. They never did.

I think the Baylor defense might be vulnerable against a well-run inside, kick it outside kind of game. To have any chance of beating them, I think a team will need to make a lot of mid-range jump shots at a percentage of high forties or better, plus probably eight or more threes.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hard to establish an outside game when their guards contest every shot and they can do that because the post defense will clean up any mess that comes away and they have just enough quality depth so their are no real drop-offs.

Just like UConn with Stewie/Dolson/Stokes.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Iowa missed a boatload of point blank putbacks and layups in the first half. Throughout the game, their 3’s and midrange shots were not falling. I watch a ton of Iowa games, and this may have been the worst shooting performance of the year. But a good season for them anyway.

Reaction Score
I think Oregon can give them a game if they are hitting outside shots, otherwise in my opinion Baylor will put the. Away early. Same goes for UConn. ND transition game could give Baylor real problems.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was really impressed with Baylor's mid-range game
Was deadly.
Makes them hard to guard with their concentration of bigs.
Tough out.

Reaction Score
Baylor is good, looks unbeatable. The only way you can attempt to win is to never let off the throttle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom