huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In 02 Bird was 1st team
D & Swin were 2nd team
Jones was 3rd team
Williams was honorable mention

Got to spread the wealth to everyone so it's fair

Not sure "spreading the wealth" is fair. For some who vote, I'm sure there is an "Any one but UConn" fever. Without question Gabby deserves AA. She is arguably the most complete player in WCBB today. Too many who vote only look or are overly impressed with scoring averages.

Reaction Score
Oh I know it's BS, I'm just making fun of it. But at the end of the day individual awards are what comes from the team success

Reaction Score
This is one area of Sports that really P me off! The theory by the "talking suits" of the press and and radio & TV people that you cannot name 3 players of one team to a 5 athlete list of AA or all-stars!
There has been 1 team all season that has dominated their sport, and that is the UCONN Huskies WCBB team! They have beaten as of today all challenges thrown at them and handled all of it with skill & class!
Some such as Doris Burke and Jay Bilas do "get it"! But they are among the minority that recognizes the skill set and athletic ability unmatched in all of MCBB or WCBB that Gabby Williams brings every day.
The saving grace is by Friday the WBBCA names it's 12 member AA team and Gabby will be named as 1 of the 12 putting her on the Wall of Honor.
But it's just wrong that "they" won't name 3 members of 1 team to a 5 member AA team even though they may be the 3 best players in the USA, IMHO! Gabby should have been named in place of A'ja Wilson again IMHO!
My AP AA team is:
Kelsey Plum G Washington, Player of the Year
Brionna Jones C MD
Katie Lou Samuelson F/G UCONN
Napheesa Collier F UCONN
Gabby Williams F UCONN
The idea should be to reward success no matter where that occurs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Doris also said 200 in a row is quite possible if we win it all this year.
That was Lawson that came up with that one during the South Carolina game last month. Don't think I buy it as it would require going without a loss for more than the next two seasons.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Like I have said in the past, ever since Doris Burke said that she wished that she had played for Geno during one of the championship games last year, she is number one in my book.
She actually said she would kill to have had a chance to be coached by Geno. After that all of her digressions or perceived didactic tone became white noise.

Reaction Score
That was Lawson that came up with that one during the South Carolina game last month. Don't think I buy it as it would require going without a loss for more than the next two seasons.

They brought it up against during the game last night...Kara is sticking to it. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In terms of 200, the next 2 games could be key. Next year's lineup may be the best ever. The following year, we lose Gabby and Kia, but will add Charli and maybe CWill.

Lou, Pheesa, Azura, Crystal, Megan, Batouly, Molly, Kyla, Lexie, Mikayla, and Andi. That's an all-star starting unit.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Doris also said 200 in a row is quite possible if we win it all this year.
Actually that was Kara Lawson that made that statement and she made it in February after the South Carolina Game, she said with what Connecticut has coming in next year Azura Stevens, Batouly Camera, Megan Walker. Lexi Gordon. Mikayala Coombs and Andra Espinoza-Hunter, to add to this squad, if nobody got them this year the streak could reach 200.

Reaction Score
With about 6:15 to go in the third quarter she blasted the AA voters for leaving Gabby off the first team.' You show me one other player in America with that stat line! ' Loved it.
I passed this along to the people on this board who find cause to bash her incessantly. Maybe she was trying to get back in the good graces of those haters but who can dispute what she said????

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I passed this along to the people on this board who find cause to bash her incessantly. Maybe she was trying to get back in the good graces of those haters but who can dispute what she said????

If I repeated something sorry. Last two days a wave of optical migraines so I'll never catch up to hat's been said or not. But she nailed it, didn't she! :D

Reaction Score
fi
Like I have said in the past, ever since Doris Burke said that she wished that she had played for Geno during one of the championship games last year, she is number one in my book.

For me it was when she said if she were starting a team, the first player she'd pick would be Diana Taurasi because she's the greatest winner ever in women's basketball. Can't understand the dislike for Doris around here. She always has effusive praise for UConn all the way around - players, coaches, culture, everything.

Reaction Score
Maya's closing fast on D. If the refs hadn't blown that call at the end of the game against LA, Maya would have had a fourth WNBA championship. No doubt Maya will pass D in total championships before her career is over. There will be more WNBA, Olympic and overseas titles in her future.

Reaction Score
In terms of 200, the next 2 games could be key. Next year's lineup may be the best ever. The following year, we lose Gabby and Kia, but will add Charli and maybe CWill.

Lou, Pheesa, Azura, Crystal, Megan, Batouly, Molly, Kyla, Lexie, Mikayla, and Andi. That's an all-star starting unit.

Andra, or do they call her Andi?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom