Some Bouk & Gaffney updates | The Boneyard

Some Bouk & Gaffney updates

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love it. He's going to be a "winning time" option for us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody know much about Brycen Goodine? I’m friends with one of the coaches.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Haven't been this psyched for a recruit(s) since Gilbert. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
Question: the NEPSAC divisions are based on school size, but since these are private schools that all ostensibly recruit players, does the talent level correlate with school size as well or are all of the divisions more or less equal?

Reaction Score
Gaffney picked by one of the Rivals guys as a recruit that deserves a rankings bump.

Gaffney playing in an All-Star game in Maryland on April 6.

And this baseline cam view of Gaffney's game-winner from a couple weeks ago:

For the love of God please don't hurt him!

Last edited:

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I’m more impressed with Gaffney than Bouknight as of late. He hasn’t done much, anyone know why?

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20190309-185833_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
No doubt we have a good start upgrading the team talent level for next year. What's ultimately critical is how the new guys (so far Bouk, Akok and Gaffney) adjust to college talent and re-invent certain parts of their game next year. They'll have a harder time with most every aspect of their game.
Adapting to tougher defense and the physicality of our opponents will be a major hurdle. None of the three will find that an easy adaptation. We need a bruiser not only to unleash on opponents but train our team in the 8 months ahead.

Reaction Score
We need one of Bouk or Gaffney to outperform next season. Our starting back court will be really good with Gilbert and Vital. I really the like potential of an Akok/Carlton front court with Polley and (hopefully a healthy) Diarra coming off the bench. I’m assuming Sid will start at the 3. That leaves guard depth as my biggest question mark. We need someone to step up

Reaction Score
We need one of Bouk or Gaffney to outperform next season. Our starting back court will be really good with Gilbert and Vital. I really the like potential of an Akok/Carlton front court with Polley and (hopefully a healthy) Diarra coming off the bench. I’m assuming Sid will start at the 3. That leaves guard depth as my biggest question mark. We need someone to step up
If we're relying on Diarra next year, even as just a bench player, I'll be worried about our frontcourt depth yet again. If we don't land Precious I expect the staff to be hard on the trail for a similar player - athletic, big wing that can play the 3 or 4 for us.

As for the backcourt, one of Gaffney/Bouk/B.Adams is going to need to step up pretty big for us to make a jump that we're hoping for.

Reaction Score
If we're relying on Diarra next year, even as just a bench player, I'll be worried about our frontcourt depth yet again. If we don't land Precious I expect the staff to be hard on the trail for a similar player - athletic, big wing that can play the 3 or 4 for us.

As for the backcourt, one of Gaffney/Bouk/B.Adams is going to need to step up pretty big for us to make a jump that we're hoping for.

Listen, I think the fan base is in the dark about the Diarra situation. There’s something going on with him. I’m not saying he’s a guy who would solve our problems at the 4 but no way the kid is so bad that he’s not getting a single minute. I think he’s still battling an injury. It may sound crazy, but I think he’s a guy who can give us 10-15 minutes a night to bang with the big boys. He’s not the biggest or most skilled, but he’s tough and plays with intensity.

Reaction Score
I doubt Polley starts, wouldn't be surprised if Vital is the 6th man, and sadly I don't think Diarra is playing basketball again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom