OT: - Solved! Finally!! The Infamous Goat Problem!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Solved! Finally!! The Infamous Goat Problem!!!

Reaction Score
OK, I'm going to step in for the mods here and warn one and all that Boneyard is no place to talk about hanging goats. Chickens perhaps but not goats.
Unfortunately because of politics we can hang a goat here but not a chad.. ;)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I wish I could like this more.

I had an elementary student around 20 years ago. Both parents were medical doctors, and each parent had a parent with a Nobel prize.

His answer: The energy in sound waves is not always heard, even if a person is present. And the energy in sound waves affects all matter, not just our eardrums."

Trust me, his answer made a lot more sense.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I had an elementary student around 20 years ago. Both parents were medical doctors, and each parent had a parent with a Nobel prize.

His answer: The energy in sound waves is not always heard, even if a person is present. And the energy in sound waves affects all matter, not just our eardrums."

This is a variant of a Zeno paradox. Drop one grain of millet and you hear no sound, but drop thousands of grains...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately because of politics we can hang a goat here but not a chad.. ;)

There is Passover song about a goat named Chad, called "Chad Gadya". It didn't end well for the goat.

This thread is fun, and educational.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I would have thought they could have just gotten a goat and some rope and actually done it.

GIF by Random Goat

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
There is Passover song about a goat named Chad, called "Chad Gadya". It didn't end well for the goat.

This thread is fun, and educational.
Goats have a rough time with Jewish holidays. The Yom Kippur tradition is the source of the term "scapegoat".

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You said rope. And I'm pretty sure this new gif feature has anything you could possibly search for! I love it.

You have no idea how bored I am right now. I brushed my cats with catnip, and watched them chase each other around the house. That killed about 15 minutes. Then I swapped a few usernames to see if they notice. Now. Nothing.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You have no idea how bored I am right now. I brushed my cats with catnip, and watched them chase each other around the house. That killed about 15 minutes. Then I swapped a few usernames to see if they notice. Now. Nothing.

Hahaha. We've met before but you wouldn't remember it. I saw you walking into XL one day and said hello and you shook my hand and both my nephew's hands when I told them who you were.. Never mentioned I was a Yarder. We need to hang out some time. I just spent a good 10 minutes trying to see the dirtiest thing I could get Alexa to say during a Gold Rush commercial break.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hahaha. We've met before but you wouldn't remember it. I saw you walking into XL one day and said hello and you shook my hand and both my nephew's hands when I told them who you were.. Never mentioned I was a Yarder. We need to hang out some time. I just spent a good 10 minutes trying to see the dirtiest thing I could get Alexa to say during a Gold Rush commercial break.

Im trying to get them to rename it the XXL in my honor.

Reaction Score
Somewhat off topic in an already off topic thread (can I get a ruling Nan? is that even allowed by BY rules...also I just had a lower case "by" followed immediately by an upper case "BY," can I get a ruling on that as well?) but I was just looking at the thread title and I couldn't figure out if the word was "infamous" or "imfamous" so I had to google it. Undoubtedly related to my dyslexia, maybe like a third cousin or something. What are some of the symptoms of "scrambled brain syndrome" others suffer?

Also, you may want to replace "Somewhat" with "Way" at the beginning of the thread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Oh... I just figured you had dropped a goat before so you knew it made a sound.

earl GIF

“Yeah it do”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whoa, you need to stop piling on, CL. Sure the guy was probably into that "goat dropping" craze that was going around a couple of decades ago. And yes, it wouldn't surprise me if he recorded the noise it made and played it at family gatherings. Like you didn't, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom