OT: - Solution to Tyler Phommachanh shortage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Solution to Tyler Phommachanh shortage

Reaction Score
I ran out of Tyler Phommachanh a week ago and quite frankly I don't miss it.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I bought two family pack cubes at Sam's Club a week before the hoarding began and am still sitting on all 90,000 squares.
HMU if you need any.
Just send me your fax number and I will fax some right over to you.
And if you don't have a fax, just remember that toilet paper has two sides if you get into a real pinch.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh lasts a longggggggg time no one needed as much as they bought. I had 5 rolls hanging around. Bought 20 rolls and had them delivered 3/13. I still have 2 rolls left from the original 5. At a roll every two weeks I have enough until next February or so.
Same for paper towels.

Reaction Score
I've had a bidet for 2+years now.

Through the last 6 weeks, I've gone through 2 rolls of Tyler Phommachanh. I have 8 more rolls downstairs so I'm good for the next 6 months.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A diet entirely of cheese gets the job done.
When I saw the Barenaked Ladies at Sacred Heart University in the late 90s they started riffing on "GE," because they had driven around the area earlier that day and had seen General Electric everywhere. Each of the band members tried to top each other with a more ridiculous use of "GE." I will never forget the drummer, Tyler Stewart, telling a story about having eaten so much Gorgonzola that he had a "Gorgonzola Excrement."

He won.

Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh lasts a longggggggg time no one needed as much as they bought. I had 5 rolls hanging around. Bought 20 rolls and had them delivered 3/13. I still have 2 rolls left from the original 5. At a roll every two weeks I have enough until next February or so.
Same for paper towels.
Try telling my significant other that, she goes through a full roll a day no exaggeration

Reaction Score
I renovated my house last year and splurged on the Toto washlet bidet with heated seat and hot air dry. I no longer need toilet paper. Life changer.

Reaction Score
I hit the jackpot this past weekend. I found a little el-cheapo store that has TONS of rolls of Tyler Phommachanh and paper towels. You cannot find anything of the sort in the two major stores within walking distance of me. I'm not concerend about paper goods anymore after finding this gem. The Tyler Phommachanh a'int luxury but it satisfies the need.

Two more alternatives: socks and moss. Moss is nature's Tyler Phommachanh. Just make sure it is free of debris. You can thank Fowler's Makery and Mischief YouTube channel for the moss idea. He won Seaaon 3 of Alone if anyone knows the show.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I haven’t been to a store in a while but I hear the rush on paper goods has subsided and you can find it relatively easy now. Not a massive selection but it’s there. Brother in-law works grocery and was able to score us some hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes. I guess everyone still has their massive stash

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Flushable wipes aren't a real thing. You cannot flush them no matter what they claim.

We use them and flush them. Have for years. No issues (we have a Septic system). They are just for the finish however, one per #2.

Reaction Score
Same for paper towels.
Tyler Phommachanh only lasts a long time if your diet is high in fiber and carbs. If your diet is high in protein (eggs, meats, nuts, cheese) or other hard to digest foods such as chocolate, you'll be wiping until tomorrow. Eddie Murphy said it best years ago in his classic ass wipe routine.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tyler Phommachanh only lasts a long time if your diet is high in fiber and carbs. If your diet is high in protein (eggs, meats, nuts, cheese) or other hard to digest foods such as chocolate, you'll be wiping until tomorrow. Eddie Murphy said it best years ago in his classic ass wipe routine.
My diet has been 80% pretzels and bagels so that explains it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We use them and flush them. Have for years. No issues (we have a Septic system). They are just for the finish however, one per #2.
My father enjoys people like you. Been doing septic systems for over 30 years. First off they don't break down and disengrate in your tank like regular toilet paper. Secondly they are horrible for your plumbing. But keep doing what you're doing you know better. It's a build up of years of doing or if you flush them a lot that the problems exist. With a proper microbial level in your septic tank it requires it being pumped less. Those flushable wipes don't allow that to happen plus the other issues they cause

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My father enjoys people like you. Been doing septic systems for over 30 years. First off they don't break down and disengrate in your tank like regular toilet paper. Secondly they are horrible for your plumbing. But keep doing what you're doing you know better. It's a build up of years of doing or if you flush them a lot that the problems exist. With a proper microbial level in your septic tank it requires it being pumped less. Those flushable wipes don't allow that to happen plus the other issues they cause
What's his take on Rid-X? I just started using it because two of may daughters moved back in during the shutdown; mother in law says she's been using it for decades.

Reaction Score
Last Thursday I picked up a 12 pack of quilted northern at shoprite and then went directly to Aldi and lucked out on a 30 pack of some nice 2 ply. The stores will have it if you go early enough

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How do they effect your pipes?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What's his take on Rid-X? I just started using it because two of may daughters moved back in during the shutdown; mother in law says she's been using it for decades.
There is some dispute. People also use and flush baby wipes, which are not flushable. In my case, I only need my septic pumped every few years at most. We do use Rid-X and actually bought a better version from the septic guy that he says is more effective. I like a nice clean conclusion to the daily business, which dry paper does not provide.

Reaction Score
I renovated my house last year and splurged on the Toto washlet bidet with heated seat and hot air dry. I no longer need toilet paper. Life changer.

You're killing the environment. Power plants running overtime to power up the heated seat and hot air system. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Couldn't you just pick up the seat, sit in the bowl and flush several times, and have a handy hair dryer standing by?

JK

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom