2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball to Announce His School Friday July 1st at 5 PM!! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball to Announce His School Friday July 1st at 5 PM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone else see a lot of Jalen Adams in this kid (Brewster connection aside)? Essentially the same size and skillset, both prototypical combo guards. Solo Ball might have a little better vertical (and Jalen better handles), but both crafty finishers that love to get to the rim but can also kill you mid-range. Probably projects to be an average 3P shooter similar to Jalen as well. Both above average athletes but lack that explosiveness, but still make smart plays with their athleticism and play really hard nose, tough basketball.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else see a lot of Jalen Adams in this kid (Brewster connection aside)? Essentially the same size and skillset, both prototypical combo guards. Solo Ball might have a little better vertical (and Jalen better handles), but both crafty finishers that love to get to the rim but can also kill you mid-range. Probably projects to be an average 3P shooter similar to Jalen as well. Both above average athletes but lack that explosiveness, but still make smart plays with their athleticism and play really hard nose, tough basketball.

Different positions. but as scorers, sure I see the comparison. Jalen was about 100x better passer though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Obviously, the big 10 decided to announce their rate on the Pac 12 yesterday so that it wouldn’t get buried in all the Solomon Ball announcement hoopla.

Reaction Score
Happy Solo Ball Day!

I'm feeling as good today as I did the day of the the Jayden Ross commit.

I also love how his offers have increased in quality as time has passed, which is always a good sign:

Summer of '20: Howard
Summer of '21: Saint Joseph's, VCU, Mount St. Mary's, George Washington
Fall of '21: Towson, Richmond
Winter of '22: DePaul, Iona
Spring of '22: VT, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Providence, Pitt, George Mason, Texas A&M, USC, Arizona State, Xavier, Miami, Butler, UConn, NC State

Man, I'm really loving how this '23 class is starting to shape up!

Reaction Score
Happy Solo Ball Day!

I'm feeling as good today as I did the day of the the Jayden Ross commit.

I also love how his offers have increased in quality as time has passed:

Summer of '20: Howard
Summer of '21: Saint Joseph's, VCU, Mount St. Mary's, George Washington
Fall of '21: Towson, Richmond
Winter of '22: DePaul, Iona
Spring of '22: VT, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Providence, Pitt, George Mason, Texas A&M, USC, Arizona State, Xavier, Miami, Butler, UConn, NC State

Hard not to love late-risers. It's very hard to break into the top-100; they're really reluctant to pull kids out of it, so you know they've performed well if they break in.

Reaction Score
It's been over since Hurley put it on his instagram story a few days ago
I don't see the connection at all. The staff reposts stuff all the time when recruits are on campus, the majority of whom do not commit to UConn

Reaction Score
I don't remember his game in high school as well to know if it was the same as in college, but in college Jalen's game fell a bit short of his potential at least in part because he did not seek out contact and draw fouls. Ball has a huge FT rate, so that's at least a primary difference in Ball's favor.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball self reports a 45” inch vertical. If that isn’t explosiveness, I don’t know what is.
It’s more so laterally (on the ground) rather than jumping if that makes sense? Like he isn’t explosive running but he is jumping.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
It’s more so laterally (on the ground) rather than jumping if that makes sense? Like he isn’t explosive running but he is jumping.
So kinda like Super Mario…that plumber could jump like 3x his height, but he couldn’t sprint to save his life, unless he took PEDs (invincibility stars).

Reaction Score
Hearing uconn from a few sources. Hurley and crew have been working hard on this recruit.
It ain't over until ;)

Yep, my thoughts exactly. @Matrim55 chiming in with a ;) would seal the deal. A positive declarative post from @Zionn always works too, although he is more associated with posting when it's a negative and we aren't getting a guy.

I still say the thought of pairing Solo Ball with Stephen Castle in 2023-2024 is... very exciting!

This staff as a collective are stone cold killers once they zero in on a guy who has the skill set they are looking for while also showing genuine interest in being a Husky. Beating out both Miami and USC amongst others is no small thing in this current college basketball landscape, considering location, potential NIL value and the competency of the coaching staffs at those two schools.

Great work Hurley and staff! (Frankly all 3 of Young, Moore and Murray have more than proven their recruiting chops).

Reaction Score
Yep, my thoughts exactly. @Matrim55 chiming in with a ;) would seal the deal. A positive declarative post from @Zionn always works too, although he is more associated with posting when it's a negative and we aren't getting a guy.

I still say the thought of pairing Solo Ball with Stephen Castle in 2023-2024 is... very exciting!

This staff as a collective are stone cold killers once they zero in on a guy who has the skill set they are looking for while also showing genuine interest in being a Husky. Beating out both Miami and USC amongst others is no small thing in this current college basketball landscape, considering location, potential NIL value and the competency of the coaching staffs at those two schools.

Great work Hurley and staff! (Frankly all 3 of Young, Moore and Murray have more than proven their recruiting chops).
Nouns only this recruiting cycle

Reaction Score

Don't touch the money. This would have been an appropriate post after he commits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom