Solomon Ball Highlights from EYBL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Solomon Ball Highlights from EYBL

Reaction Score
Highlights showed he can dribble (fairly?) equally well with either hand. And we have all noticed how he loves to throw the hammer down with his right hand. Shooting I imagine is left-dominant. But in general, seems very balanced to the point of almost being ambidextrous in some ways?

Highlights are nearly meaningless. I watched a bunch of his games this summer. Can't finish with his right, or drive to his right versus high level competition. Dunking with your off-hand isn't super uncommon.

Reaction Score
Highlights are nearly meaningless. I watched a bunch of his games this summer. Can't finish with his right, or drive to his right versus high level competition. Dunking with your off-hand isn't super uncommon.
Hopefully with his athleticism he can work on that his Sr year. Sure the staff is directing his focus areas

Reaction Score
I get that highlights are just a sampling of the overall play, but it sure seems he has more ability with two hands than any other guy we've landed in the last handful of years?

Reaction Score
Very left-hand dominant right now. That an inconsistency shooting the rock are his biggest things to improve

Fair enough. I know you've seen him more than I have.

I was going by a few highlight vids. He'll get better coaching this year than he has. Hopefully it helps sure up his game.

Reaction Score
I got this in an e-mail from the Courant from the "UConn Insider Newsletter". Can't find it online and it's not much so not worth starting a new thread for. But figured I'd post it.

We caught up with UConn men's basketball Class of 2023 commit Solomon Ball.

Q: How does it feel to be part of one of the best recruiting classes UConn has had in a while?

Ball:
I am amped. I am really amped. A lot of people didn’t expect it to happen because UConn hasn’t had a top class in a good bit of time. We are bringing it back.

Q: How was your recent visit to Storrs?

Ball
: I just came back from Storrs on October 16th; it was good. I got to see First Night. It was great and it was a great atmosphere. Just being around the players again was good.

Q: What has the UConn coaching staff told you as you head into your senior season?

Ball:
They are keeping my head level. Don’t get too high or get too low and practice hard. Hurley knows what I a capable of and wants me to be ready to play right away.

Q: What are you hoping to accomplish in your last season?

Ball:
I want to get Gatorade Player of the Year and become a McDonald’s All-American. I think it’s doable for me. I want to see how everything pans out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom