Solo Ball senior season highlights | The Boneyard

Solo Ball senior season highlights

Reaction Score
He shoots lefty, but dunks righty. Im not sure what to make of that but it's interesting.

1:55- He almost killed a kid

4:45- Tilton has a rock climbing wall behind the basket. Pretty cool

I started to add more timestamps, but every one was just "Wow, look at that dunk !!!"

He dunks like the rim touched him inappropriately. Violent. Reminds me of early Russell Westbrook

Reaction Score
He shoots lefty, but dunks righty. Im not sure what to make of that but it's interesting.

Much more common than you'd think. The footwork of a 1-2 step kind of leads to your off hand ending up higher. I think... not sure. But super common. John Wall almost always does this iirc.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to all the commentators and non-UConn fans who are going to assume he's another of the Ball brothers.

Reaction Score
Much more common than you'd think. The footwork of a 1-2 step kind of leads to your off hand ending up higher. I think... not sure. But super common. John Wall almost always does this iirc.
I didnt realize that. I know my dad plays golf lefty, but writes with his right hand. I wonder if Solo has a similar quirk.

I thought it was strange, I think i only saw one righty dunk in the whole video, and i believe it was because he had a defender on his left and had no choice.

Reaction Score
He's very college ready. Should be a rotation player from day 1. He will need to develop point guard skills to play at the next level, but he has 3-4 years to do that.

Reaction Score
I didnt realize that. I know my dad plays golf lefty, but writes with his right hand. I wonder if Solo has a similar quirk.

I thought it was strange, I think i only saw one righty dunk in the whole video, and i believe it was because he had a defender on his left and had no choice.
I write and eat with my left hand, but when it came to athletics I used my right hand.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s a real shame he’s gonna be weeks behind everyone else. The kid has an NBA chance if the jumper improves.

Reaction Score

Anything I learned as a kid (writing, basketball, etc.) I learned left-handed. As I got older I would learn things right handed on purpose (boxing, guitar). I did learn to box equally well both stances though. Also use scissors right-handed for some reason.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I get a lot of Jaden Ivey vibes.

Do you think Solo can be a point guard? This highlight reel had like one pass and 200 shots.

Super class coming in. Hurley's recruiting is out of this world.

Reaction Score
Do you think Solo can be a point guard? This highlight reel had like one pass and 200 shots.

No. He doesn't really have the handle to be a secondary ballhandler either. He is not a good passer at all and not a very good ballhandler in the half court. He's basically a 3 on offense and will defend the 1/2.

I expect his offense will be limited year 1. 90% of those dunks don't happen vs high-major defense. Spot up 3s, back cuts and 2-dribble drives will need to be his bread and butter. His shooting and IQ have improved a lot at Brewster. This was a big year for him.

He'll earn his minutes using his length, strength and freak athleticism on defense. If he buys-in and understands the team defense, he'll see the floor.

Reaction Score
Honestly his best comp might be Kam Jones from Marquette. Same exact arc on his shot too lol

Reaction Score

1:55- He almost killed a kid

4:45- Tilton has a rock climbing wall behind the basket. Pretty cool

I started to add more timestamps, but every one was just "Wow, look at that dunk !!!"

He dunks like the rim touched him inappropriately. Violent. Reminds me of early Russell Westbrook
Love the under the basket in-bounds plays where they just toss the ball in front of the rim while he's still out on the wing or foul line, and he just goes to it, and drives it home.

Reaction Score
He seems to able to score from all three levels. Highlight editors tend to focus on scoring, so his passing and handle are probably better than what we see here.

Reaction Score
He seems to able to score from all three levels. Highlight editors tend to focus on scoring, so his passing and handle are probably better than what we see here.

I have watched him many times.

Reaction Score

No, but I don't think Ivey was really a PG either.

Reaction Score
Ball looks like an absolute stud! Its insane to me that ive been blown away by Ball and Ross highlights and yet Castle is much higher rated then both. If this class has the impact i think they could have a repeat is definitely on the table.

Reaction Score
Anything I learned as a kid (writing, basketball, etc.) I learned left-handed. As I got older I would learn things right handed on purpose (boxing, guitar). I did learn to box equally well both stances though. Also use scissors right-handed for some reason.
I’m a lefty as well. But, with many of us there are oddities of mix-handedness and mix-footedness. Bat/write/throw/jump left. Dribble, kick, scissors, and feel my right hand is quicker than left.
I thought the dribbling might have resulted from baseball (1B), but now I’m not so sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom