Solo Ball’s methodical approach to basketball, life and ‘becoming great’ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Solo Ball’s methodical approach to basketball, life and ‘becoming great’

Reaction Score
If Solo and/or Stew can get drafted this year, the recruiting sell is gonna be ridiculously easy.
Could not agree more. The credibility Hurley will have built will be unparalleled. He’s a straight shooter and always levels with these kids and now he’s proving his words are true. He told Steph do what I ask for the betterment of the team and we will win and you will be a lottery pick. He told Solo to wait his turn and work. Same for Stew. If either of them get drafted it proves his model works. Kids can take it to the bank. Come to UConn listen to the coaches and your dreams will come true.

Reaction Score
Interesting comp from Roth, who was back at UConn after a visit to Quinny. Feel free to check a few other of his observations from today on Twitter.

Last edited:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I know it’s crazy.. but hear me out.. their games are not like for like, but Solo’s potential year two impact, after minimal national buzz as a freshman, reminds me of Ja Morant while at Murray St.

Reaction Score
lol, a few hours ago you were going off on people in regards to comps on players.
Also a pretty weird comp. Jon is at least assessing against the wider universe not past/recent UConn players. He’s also watching a known commodity in person, not looking at 30 seconds of HS practice videos ;).

I don’t know what is fact versus what is assumed but have seen Solo’s wingspan at 6’10” and his vertical as high as 43” (self reported at highest of 45”). If true that is like top 5% stuff. Morant is listed at 6’7” wingspan and a vertical of 44-46”. And Morant is only 6’2”. For reference, Jordan is known as having one of the highest ever at 48”.

Sheppard’s vert was 42”, which was noted as surprisingly high, his wingspan 6’3.5”.

Net net, Solo has some pretty amazing measurables so if his skillset comes together world is his oyster. He also has beautiful touch on his jumper and looks like he’s chiseled out of granite. All this stuff will be important to scouts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also a pretty weird comp. Jon is at least assessing against the wider universe not past/recent UConn players. He’s also watching a known commodity in person, not looking at 30 seconds of HS practice videos ;). For reference Jordan is known to have one of highest ever at 48”.

I don’t know what is fact versus what is assumed but have seen Solo’s wingspan at 6’10” and his vertical as high as 43” (self reported at highest of 45”). If true that is like top 5% stuff. Morant is listed at 6’7” wingspan and a vertical of 44-46”. And Morant is only 6’2”. For reference, Jordan is known as having one of the highest ever at 48”.

Sheppard’s vert was 42”, which was noted as surprisingly high, his wingspan 6’3.5”.

Net net, Solo has some pretty amazing measurables so if his skillset comes together world is his oyster. He also has beautiful touch on his jumper and looks like he’s chiseled out of granite. All this stuff will be important to scouts.
Yeah, aside from height (from an NBA perspective), Solo's been blessed physically. Really hoping for a breakout this year, and based off the article, he seems ready to seize the moment.
The Ferrari is staged at the starting line....just needs to wait for the green light!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, aside from height (from an NBA perspective), Solo's been blessed physically. Really hoping for a breakout this year, and based off the article, he seems ready to seize the moment.
The Ferrari is staged at the starting line....just needs to wait for the green light!
Is a Ferrari at the starting line better than a Ferrari in the garage? I hope so.

Reaction Score
Also a pretty weird comp. Jon is at least assessing against the wider universe not past/recent UConn players. He’s also watching a known commodity in person, not looking at 30 seconds of HS practice videos ;).

Only one other player besides MJ I've seen whose vertical was listed at 48 --- incredibly, it was Wilt!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom