Social Distancing Basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Social Distancing Basketball

Reaction Score
This is not a political post. CT is allowing playing basketball using social distancing. Does anyone have any idea what that looks like? What do our benevolent bureaucrats invision?
They could use these. Would help with passing game as bit hard to dribble.

Reaction Score
Here's how you social distance. Take a page from the Calvin Murphy game against Syracuse in which he scored 68 points. He just would allow anyone guarding him to get closer than 6 feet:

3. Calvin Murphy (Niagara) — 68 points
Dec. 7, 1968 vs. Syracuse

It’s not every day that you score 110 points and lose a game, but Syracuse can thank Murphy for that one. The 5-foot-9 guard added six assists and six rebounds, too (making for one of the more well-rounded 60-point games). From Syracuse.com, the Orange's Bob Kouwe gave the first-hand perspective of guarding Murphy that night:

"We had Ernie Austin guard him. We had John Suder guard him. We had Ray Balukas guard him. I guarded him. But there was no way. None. He was the fastest human being you've ever seen. He could run faster dribbling than anybody could run without a ball, and he never mis-dribbled. So how do you cover that?

"We picked him up as soon as he crossed center court. We tried a box-and-one. We double-teamed him. We tripled-teamed him. We'd play defense on him when we had the ball on the offensive end, and I'm serious about that. But it was fruitless. There was no playing Calvin Murphy. It was a total loss even trying."

Shoulda tried a 2-3 zone. That always works.

Reaction Score
The latest, whcih I suspected all along, is that if one is symptom free, extremely unlikely you have and can spread. Avoid those who are having a coughing seizure. The pols have been all wrong about this. Let the games begin!

Reaction Score
Harden would have like 20 less foul shots again if you couldnt be within 6 feet of him

Reaction Score
This is not a political post. CT is allowing playing basketball using social distancing. Does anyone have any idea what that looks like? What do our benevolent bureaucrats invision?
Um, pretty obvious. No "D"...:)

Reaction Score
I'm part of a school committee that's been planning ahead to what next year could look like.

In general, it's about decreasing close physical contact as much as possible, not eliminating it. In a classroom that means a greater focus on individual work rather than group work, distant room set ups, less sharing of materials, more disposable materials...

On the court, that means discouraging non-game related physical contact...limiting high fives, no post-game handshake, playing using their own bottles of water, no blowing in people's ears.

Reaction Score
I’ve been wondering since you can’t get within 6 ft of others why isn’t it anti-social distancing.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

2 3 zone

Reaction Score
I'm part of a school committee that's been planning ahead to what next year could look like.

In general, it's about decreasing close physical contact as much as possible, not eliminating it. In a classroom that means a greater focus on individual work rather than group work, distant room set ups, less sharing of materials, more disposable materials...

On the court, that means discouraging non-game related physical contact...limiting high fives, no post-game handshake, playing using their own bottles of water, no blowing in people's ears.
I was trying to remember who that was just the other day. Wasn’t it Stephen Jackson? Or was it someone else?

Reaction Score
U actually believe, at this point, anything those clowns say?

u have me confused w someone else. Always thought it was overblown. Immunologist.

But made a lot of $$ investing in companies whose products were gone from shelves - like Chlorox.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom