Social Distancing Basketball | The Boneyard

Social Distancing Basketball

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is not a political post. CT is allowing playing basketball using social distancing. Does anyone have any idea what that looks like? What do our benevolent bureaucrats invision?
I would’ve been an All American being guarded from 6 feet way. Good shooter, couldn’t jump or ball handle.

Maybe it’s the old female rules. Offense players, defense players maybe with designated rebounders one from each team on either side of the hoop. Each player carrying a supply of disinfectant wipes to scrub the ball down after a pass or rebound. Things Naismith should have thought about.

Reaction Score
This is not a political post. CT is allowing playing basketball using social distancing. Does anyone have any idea what that looks like? What do our benevolent bureaucrats invision?

Did you ever watch Kiki Vandeweghe play, Ghief? Probably something like that.

C

Chief00

Did you ever watch Kiki Vandeweghe play, Ghief? Probably something like that.
Got it. I think Jim Calhoun should retire, if that’s what St Joe’s has to play like on defense.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Here's how you social distance. Take a page from the Calvin Murphy game against Syracuse in which he scored 68 points. He just wouldn't allow anyone guarding him to get closer than 6 feet:

3. Calvin Murphy (Niagara) — 68 points
Dec. 7, 1968 vs. Syracuse

It’s not every day that you score 110 points and lose a game, but Syracuse can thank Murphy for that one. The 5-foot-9 guard added six assists and six rebounds, too (making for one of the more well-rounded 60-point games). From Syracuse.com, the Orange's Bob Kouwe gave the first-hand perspective of guarding Murphy that night:

"We had Ernie Austin guard him. We had John Suder guard him. We had Ray Balukas guard him. I guarded him. But there was no way. None. He was the fastest human being you've ever seen. He could run faster dribbling than anybody could run without a ball, and he never mis-dribbled. So how do you cover that?

"We picked him up as soon as he crossed center court. We tried a box-and-one. We double-teamed him. We tripled-teamed him. We'd play defense on him when we had the ball on the offensive end, and I'm serious about that. But it was fruitless. There was no playing Calvin Murphy. It was a total loss even trying."

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I guess there will be good spacing on offense. Good thing Jake V retired, no screens.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
A lot of intense h-o-r-s-e games. Played last weekend while drinking with my bros-in-law. The top of the key skyhook was a game winner on more than one occasion.

Reaction Score
InformalScratchyItalianbrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Reaction Score
We can ask the Syracuse zone what that looks like

C

Chief00

Post of the year!! Oh man I’m laughing....
The dude don’t know the thing
#24/7Grind
Even Randy is copying it now and his recruiting is finally taking off.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score

It may mean that coaches and trainers can conduct practices in small groups using social distancing. I’ve seen this being done with high school and middle school kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom