SoCar v Clemson (+ 11/15 games) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SoCar v Clemson (+ 11/15 games)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cox had taken upperclassmen Beatrices spot.

I think it was more Brown that took her spot. IIRC Montpremier was a starter as a Fr., but Brown as a Soph. I don't think you could really play them together very much, it was one or the other. Of course Brown has been very good, Baylor is just fine, but Montpremier is showing she's a quality player.

Reaction Score
I think it was more Brown that took her spot. IIRC Montpremier was a starter as a Fr., but Brown as a Soph. I don't think you could really play them together very much, it was one or the other. Of course Brown has been very good, Baylor is just fine, but Montpremier is showing she's a quality player.

Brown and Beatrice started together until Cox arrived.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My bad, I didn't think they both started their Fr. year.

Reaction Score
Maryland should beat them by 20 on Sunday. And they will probably have 3 or 4 more losses by Christmas.
I concur that they looked bad, but MD's offense is a lot of what Mulley does... Cloddish post play. I agree MD "should" take the win, but it would not surprise me if it's in the mid 60's and a lot of fouling occurs. Either way, we are starting to see from a lot of these teams the effects of their star player losses and how it's not so easy for them to transition despite their talent. UConn has done very well in this department and hopefully that continues throughout the year for us. Go Huskies!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Brown and Beatrice started together until Cox arrived.
Mmm, really? Baylor's stats show that in 2015-16 Mompremier started in 26 of 38 games and Brown started only once. Interestingly, though, they averaged almost the same, relatively modest number of minutes (14.9 and 14.4): (PDF) - Baylor University

In 2016-17, things more or less flipped, with Brown starting in 26 of 37 games and Mompremier starting in 10. Brown's average minutes rose to 21.4 while Mompremier's stayed stagnant at 14.5: (PDF) - Baylor University

I haven't checked the stats from individual games, but from those numbers I'd say it's unlikely that the two of them regularly started together, before or after Cox arrived.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Mompremier for Miami is gonna be a problem in the ACC

Well, teams in the ACC will have starters taller than 5'11, so that may give them a better chance than Marquette.

Reaction Score
Mompremier got the minutes and starts early in their careers. However, when Browni had her sophomore slim down and had really stepped up in terms of skills Mompremier's minutes started to dwindle and you have Cox now a freshman.

In that time they still had Nina Davis, and Kadija Cave to fight for minutes over. I think Mompremier saw the writing on the wall that it would be Brown as the center and Cox as the PF. Plus she is from Miami and chose between Miami and FSU. We were sad to see her go, but understood it. Excellent player and one hell of a rebounder. Sometimes ended up foul trouble a bit too much due to her defensive aggression.

Also, Decosta hasn't played in any of the real games. Just 1 exhibition game. She has been hurt. Last night was the first night I have seen her without a boot. Brown did not play last night either. As she tweaked her ankle in practice on Wednesday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tulane with a big upset over LSU in Baton Rouge, 56-54.

A-A-C!

Lady Vol killer Alabama edged SMU 62-61 IN OT. SEC, the gauntlet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
True. I should spend more time talking about basketball results. I hear Duke has had a couple of games. How have they gone?

You know I've always wanted to visit the Dakotas.. Maybe a stop in Bismarck on the way to the Badlands.

Reaction Score
Oh and if anyone wants to see what it take for a player to be ejected this season check out Baylor's game last night. I hadn't seen one in a while until last night.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You know I've always wanted to visit the Dakotas.. Maybe a stop in Bismarck on the way to the Badlands.

Don't forget to stop at Wall Drug. I've never been to the Dakotas, but it's supposed to be a big deal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
well its a 11/16 game....... but VPI pulled away from Monmouth. Monmouth led after the first quarter.... was down just 6 points at the half. That kid Mabrey is gonna be a good for for the Hokies... had 18 in the first half... ended up with 26pts (4-6 on 3pts) and 7 rebounds. Man.... I would give up Soulvaki and Shawarma for a year if I could just see Mabrey drop 63 pts on ND :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Mmm, really? Baylor's stats show that in 2015-16 Mompremier started in 26 of 38 games and Brown started only once. Interestingly, though, they averaged almost the same, relatively modest number of minutes (14.9 and 14.4): (PDF) - Baylor University

In 2016-17, things more or less flipped, with Brown starting in 26 of 37 games and Mompremier starting in 10. Brown's average minutes rose to 21.4 while Mompremier's stayed stagnant at 14.5: (PDF) - Baylor University

I haven't checked the stats from individual games, but from those numbers I'd say it's unlikely that the two of them regularly started together, before or after Cox arrived.

Explaining more than likely why Mompremier left Baylor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom