So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?!?! | The Boneyard

So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The two upsets tonight have shook up the Big East standings yet again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that we're in quite a similar situation as we were last year. Now I'm not saying it's probable or even likely, BUT, if we run the remaining table and someone picks off WVU again....I'm just saying, we've seen this script before...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
, but it seems to me that we're in quite a similar situation as we were last year.

I will point out a slight difference. Jordan Todman is now with San Diego.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So we should just pack it in for the season and give up? I think not. Lets go win a championship.

You do realize that we don't actually play in the games, we just post about them right?

Reaction Score
Yes, I understand that we do not play in the games. However, fans impact games. If you don't believe that go watch the game tape of our first Big East win over Pitt in 04. Without the fans the team can't play. We buy tickets and watch games. Without that revenue, UConn is not playing big time bowl subdivision football. So I consider we, the fans, a part of the program. Therefore, I will continue to use "we" when referring to the team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I understand that we do not play in the games. However, fans impact games. If you don't believe that go watch the game tape of our first Big East win over Pitt in 04. Without the fans the team can't play. We buy tickets and watch games. Without that revenue, UConn is not playing big time bowl subdivision football. So I consider we, the fans, a part of the program. Therefore, I will continue to use "we" when referring to the team.

I wasn't referring to 'we', I was referring to the 'giving up'. Almost the whole world gave up last year and they won out.

Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to 'we', I was referring to the 'giving up'. Almost the whole world gave up last year and they won out.
I was downtrodden, but I was still in the stands with Teggs right in front of me warming up his leg before the "kick heard 'round East Hartford" during the WVU game, yelling my brains out that he had that kick and he was going to own those b!tches!!!". I'd like to think that I was hopefully at least partially responsible for motivating him anyway. Maybe delusional, but damn I love me some UConn football.

Reaction Score
Three games you coulda/shoulda won will haunt ya, Vanderbilt, Iowa State and most of all Western Michigan. Yes I've watched a few games. Played a great first half against WV.

That said, you've got a better than average defense. Teams improve during the season, it would not surprise me to see UConn at 5-2 in the league. Gonna have to do it the old fashioned way, with defense.

ND is going to finish 9-3, if they win tonight, maybe a rematch?

Reaction Score
I don't know about everyone else, but I was pissed when I came home and checked the WVU score.....we needed a one loss team to go to the BCS game and represent our conference. The LAST thing we need is another 4 or god forbid 5 loss team to go to the BCS game and further de-legitimize our conference....man WVU really screwed the pooch

Reaction Score
one game at a time lets beat Pitt first, the big east is one wacky conference, there may be 4 undefeated teams this year just what we need is like uconnflyer just said a 4 or 5 loss big east team facing one of the undefeateds.

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled if this team just made it to a bowl

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
So we should just pack it in for the season and give up? I think not. Lets go win a championship.

Let's go get it one game at a time, one play at a time, and have them "Play every play like it's the last play, you'll ever play"- JH6

Reaction Score
I was just thinking this last night as I was watching the WVU game. The fact of the matter is, this conference really sucks. The table can be run.

Reaction Score
Three games you coulda/shoulda won will haunt ya, Vanderbilt, Iowa State and most of all Western Michigan. Yes I've watched a few games. Played a great first half against WV.

That said, you've got a better than average defense. Teams improve during the season, it would not surprise me to see UConn at 5-2 in the league. Gonna have to do it the old fashioned way, with defense.

ND is going to finish 9-3, if they win tonight, maybe a rematch?

it's too bad you don't understand how league championships work. the 3 OOC games you mentioned won't haunt us at all b/c they don't matter in determining the championship. they're purely exhibition games with little real value, kind of like every single game on ND's schedule

Reaction Score
I don't know about everyone else, but I was pissed when I came home and checked the WVU score.....we needed a one loss team to go to the BCS game and represent our conference. The LAST thing we need is another 4 or god forbid 5 loss team to go to the BCS game and further de-legitimize our conference....man WVU really screwed the pooch

I was upset b/c Cuse recently joined BC in teams i hope eternal failure on.

Reaction Score
I was just thinking this last night as I was watching the WVU game. The fact of the matter is, this conference really sucks. The table can be run.

While I agree with you, it is rather ironic that you came to this conclusion while watching Syracuse win by 30 over a team that beat us by 30.

Reaction Score
While I agree with you, it is rather ironic that you came to this conclusion while watching Syracuse win by 30 over a team that beat us by 30.
Who also needed overtime and a blown call to beat Toledo.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the moment all I want is a win at Pitt in a few days. On Thursday I'll start thinking about the Cuse game.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I would be thrilled if this team just made it to a bowl
+1 Keep the expectations reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics