So You’re Telling Me There’s A Chance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So You’re Telling Me There’s A Chance

Reaction Score
Karaban can work on getting his own shot off the bounce more but at his size he’s not super quick. This kid lives and breathes basketball by his own admission and sees a pro future to work toward.

Reaction Score
Sanogo/Clingan was a hell of a 1-2 punch at center. Add to that guys who could put it in the hole from distance and two guys who could slash and make their way to the basket and it’s no surprise that teams had such difficulty with us.
I still don’t think people fully appreciate that 1-2 punch. We got 60% shooting from that position, rebounds and blocked shots. We could out muscle and out tall you all in the same game.
As much exposure as Adama got in March, I think the teams are going to be a little surprised at how quick his feet are. Sure point guards 25 feet from the basket could break him down off the high hedge but there are very few front court players he can’t keep in front of him 1 on 1.

Reaction Score
Karaban can work on getting his own shot off the bounce more but at his size he’s not super quick. This kid lives and breathes basketball by his own admission and sees a pro future to work toward.
The thing that impresses me about Karaban is that he always plays better the second time around on conference foes. He learns from and corrects his own weaknesses. More than a little of our improvement from January was about that on both ends of the court.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment of Clingan. He's a beast. But don't get too enthusiastic about DC being a centerpiece of championship # 6 right now. He's got to learn how to play without fouling. He was in foul trouble several times after only a few minutes of game time last year. If he were to play roughly 30 minutes per game, at that rate he'd average 4.5 - 5 fouls a game. Fouling out of half of our games is not going to help us much. That being said, Clingan is a game changer that can certainly be an important cog in the new season.

Reaction Score
Need a couple more pieces in the portal, but likely Jaylin Stewart is a bucket- getter off the bench.
I think people are sleeping on how much Stewart, Ross, and Ball will produce. Castle is more known, but those other incoming freshmen will be better than most realize. And Singare will develop a lot just from practicing against Clingan.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
I haven’t read the OP but I believe there’s always a chance. After 50 years with the same woman I still believe I can win the next argument.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.”

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment of Clingan. He's a beast. But don't get too enthusiastic about DC being a centerpiece of championship # 6 right now. He's got to learn how to play without fouling. He was in foul trouble several times after only a few minutes of game time last year. If he were to play roughly 30 minutes per game, at that rate he'd average 4.5 - 5 fouls a game. Fouling out of half of our games is not going to help us much. That being said, Clingan is a game changer that can certainly be an important cog in the new season.
Well the good news is you get 5 fouls and we don't want more than 30 minutes from him. The foul rate was high, but it generally is high for freshman bigs as they learn to play defense in college. Sanogo was at 6.6 fouls per 40 minutes as a freshman, Edey was at 6.2, Clingan was at 5.7. Both of those guys were around 4 their sophomore and junior years, I expect the same for Donovan

Reaction Score
If AJ comes back I expect another championship.
We'd go nuts! Though I'm getting used to idea that he's not gonna be here next year. If he comes back it'll feel like when you find out that the savings bond your great aunt gave you when you were born is now worth 4 grand.

Reaction Score
I think people are sleeping on how much Stewart, Ross, and Ball will produce. Castle is more known, but those other incoming freshmen will be better than most realize. And Singare will develop a lot just from practicing against Clingan.
This is the dream. We have to have faith in these newcomers as highly as they rank. we're not talking about a bunch of stiffs here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom