So, you’re saying there’s a chance | The Boneyard

So, you’re saying there’s a chance

Reaction Score
Alabama coach Nick Saban has finally relented, albeit reluctantly. He said college football has officially become an offensive game.

Might that sink in here?

Reaction Score
Maybe after Randy gets fired and Benedict can bring in his choice.

Reaction Score
Our offense was pretty good two of the last three years. Beaudry was brought in to be a bridge QB last year and it didn't work out. There's plenty of skilled position talent coming back on offense next year.

We need the defense to take a leap forward.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I do wonder what kind of offense we see from Edsall now. His offense at Maryland wasn't bad when he had a decent QB playing. He had insane qb injuries down there that killed his offense.

Reaction Score
Down at Maryland? How about here at UConn? Edsall has been cursed at the qb position since Dan O. Even with Frazer wasn’t there a qb injury Mary go round that year? It feels like at UConn when ever there’s potential for a qb to be good they either aren’t played, get injured or are put into terrible positions to lose confidence.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Down at Maryland? How about here at UConn? Edsall has been cursed at the qb position since Dan O. Even with Frazer wasn’t there a qb injury Mary go round that year? It feels like at UConn when ever there’s potential for a qb to be good they either aren’t played, get injured or are put into terrible positions to lose confidence.
I agree...but there was one year at MD he lost at least 3 QBs to injuries. He was playing a WR or RB at qb.

Reaction Score
Our offense was pretty good two of the last three years. Beaudry was brought in to be a bridge QB last year and it didn't work out. There's plenty of skilled position talent coming back on offense next year.

Well, think we disagree on what is pretty good. Scoring offense rankings out of 130 FBS schools last 3 years were (getting worse each year):

2017 #102
2018 # 111
2019 # 120

I would normally call those pretty bad, but I reserve that characterization for the UConn defensive statistics.

Reaction Score
Randy thinks our best chance to win is to play defense and punt well. Of course, Randy would never use the word "win."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Randy thinks our best chance to win is to play defense and punt well. Of course, Randy would never use the word "win."
By Randy, you mean Diaco. That was his schtick. Randy is running it between the tackles and burning clock.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
That was RedPants. All you needed to do was decline returning punts and you would have nailed the post. There is plenty of material provided by RE to hit him with, making up crap reflects on you.

Reaction Score
By Randy, you mean Diaco. That was his schtick. Randy is running it between the tackles and burning clock.

No, Randy is burning the clock in his office, where he's paid to twiddle his thumbs while UConn dithers and the world passes it by. You can't win if you don't play, but you sure as hell can lose.

Reaction Score
No, Randy is burning the clock in his office, where he's paid to twiddle his thumbs while UConn dithers and the world passes it by. You can't win if you don't play, but you sure as hell can lose.
I don't think that "dithers" is the word you were looking for, because they are quite decisive in what they said and what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Maybe after Randy gets fired and Benedict can bring in his choice.
Drugs, alcohol, quarantine or actually covid 19 I hope not! No attack but something has you forgetting that Randy is Benedict's choice. ;) If you were at the introductory / apology for leaving intro @ The Dog House there was no mistake coming from Dave that he got his man.
Agree 100%, once known for our linebackers, corners etc has been missing post Randy 1.0.
He had insane qb injuries down there that killed his offense.
Yep actually five all together and a former high school QB and at the time a LB had to step in.

Reaction Score
I believe RE has a good relationship with big donors to the athletic department. He is more dedicated to UCONN than others that many think would do a better job here. That talk about Leach has died down after week one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom