So with that win | The Boneyard

So with that win

Reaction Score
And hopefully success to close the season. Would a semi final run get us snuggly in the bubble especially when you consider how we ended the season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If the committee considers who the best teams are right now we would be comfortably in. Sadly not the case. If you consider how close our resumes are to “locks” like Rutgers and Texas it’s nauseating.
Rutgers is on something like a 3-7 stretch.

Reaction Score
I think we have more success and benefit from the NIT vs NCAA. Forget Tourney pride right now, these kids need a positive post season experience. They're all virgins, plus we're so shorthanded.

The NIT would perfect setup for the next few seasons and get a hunger in their belly for more.

For this fan I'm treating the NIT like the NCAA 100%.

Reaction Score
How you finished the season (last 10 games) used to be a selection committee criteria, but they got rid of it some years ago, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I think we have more success and benefit from the NIT vs NCAA. Forget Tourney pride right now, these kids need a positive post season experience. They're all virgins, plus we're so shorthanded.

The NIT would perfect setup for the next few seasons and get a hunger in their belly for more.

Literally just stated this. Winning is more important than dancing right now. Unless we win the aac then who cares.

Reaction Score

Never thought I’d see a UConn fan say they’d rather play in the NIT over the NCAA tournament. LOL

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
nothing will be snuggly unless we win the whole thing

10-8 in a below average conference, two ranked wins, playing well lately but can't ignore some really bad early losses.

This is true but if we even get close to being on the bubble then our two season ending injuries have to be considered.

Reaction Score
This is true but if we even get close to being on the bubble then our two season ending injuries have to be considered.
Yeah but they still project out potential success in the tournament. Hence the consideration of records against tournament/ranked teams. Having 7 players if anything may go against us. You don't play teams like USF and Temple and ECU and UCF and Tulane in the NCAA tournament. And if we don't win the AAC tournament, we will have beaten at most one more tournament-caliber team.

Reaction Score
If we won out the season, got to the AAC conference tournament title game and lost we would still have a pretty uphill climb unless a bunch of bubble teams dumped out. Win out and make it not a choice. That is the only way. If that doesn't happen and the team gets an NIT bid make some noise in that tourney. Get some wins and some really important tournament experience and come back stronger and hungrier next year.

Reaction Score
Dam. If we would have won that stupid temple game, I think getting to finals wudda got us in

Reaction Score
nothing will be snuggly unless we win the whole thing

10-8 in a below average conference, two ranked wins, playing well lately but can't ignore some really bad early losses.
Did that look like a below average conference? Like t see how Seton Hall would look with our travel schedule.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

AJ Price, Jerome Dyson, Stanley Robinson, and Hasheem Thabeet were virgins in 2008, and we got bounced in the first round. Sure wish they went to the NIT because the next year was just a building block.

Reaction Score
If the committee considers who the best teams are right now we would be comfortably in. Sadly not the case. If you consider how close our resumes are to “locks” like Rutgers and Texas it’s nauseating.
Rutgers is on something like a 3-7 stretch.
Rutgers also has wins over Seton Hall and Maryland (to name 2 better than any one we have) and no losses to a team like St Joe's.

Texas, on the other hand...5 Q1 wins and no bad losses.

Reaction Score

HAHAHA dude stop.

Reaction Score
Did that look like a below average conference? Like t see how Seton Hall would look with our travel schedule.
Yes. The AAC, minus Houston, is trash. Seton Hall would still look a lot better than us. Can't believe I even have to say this...

Do you people watch college basketball besides UConn?

Reaction Score
Yeah but they still project out potential success in the tournament. Hence the consideration of records against tournament/ranked teams. Having 7 players if anything may go against us. You don't play teams like USF and Temple and ECU and UCF and Tulane in the NCAA tournament. And if we don't win the AAC tournament, we will have beaten at most one more tournament-caliber team.
The only way to get tournament consideration is to play all three of Houston/Cincy/Wichita and win 2 of them.

The problem with that is that such a run is the hardest you get in the AAC, and given they're playing 8 guys, the least likely to actually win the whole thing with that bracket. You'd prefer Tulsa in there, but they do nothing if you slip up.

Reaction Score
Please define "below average conference." Because no sane definition would include a conference that ranks 7 out of 27 or so
Critical thinking, please. We're talking about a bell curve that is skewed way right.

Consider you're in lock step with Palatine on this.

Reaction Score
Please define "below average conference." Because no sane definition would include a conference that ranks 7 out of 27 or so
There are 6 conferences--sometimes 5--that matter. You might want to get technical because there are 27 conferences, but pretty much all of them are 1 bid, only 3-4, in good years, get their 7th place team in.

Don't be daft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom