So, who's organizing the tailgate? | The Boneyard

So, who's organizing the tailgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can't organize the thing, I just don't have time. Someone, or a couple of someones, needs to:

1. Pick a game
2. Figure out where/when to tailgate
3. Coordinate the food & drink thing

I will supply Boneyard flag(s) and food and I'll try to rally the troops on the other boards but someone else has to put this thing together.

On a side note: One reason I have zero free time is because I'm Treasurer of the High School Band Parent's Association, of which the marching band is a big part. The marching band has been invited to participate in the 2015 Outback Bowl parade and competition. All bands play in one huge band, during halftime I think, but the band that wins the competition gets to do its show as the pregame entertainment. We are representing the State of CT but we need to raise a LOT of money to get to Tampa for the 5 days so I am going from fund raiser to fund raiser. Anywho, we do get tickets to the game, a Big 10 team vs an SEC team. If it's Ohio State vs Tennessee, I don't know which team to boo. Maybe root for a sinkhole or something.

Reaction Score
I can't organize the thing, I just don't have time. Someone, or a couple of someones, needs to:

1. Pick a game
2. Figure out where/when to tailgate
3. Coordinate the food & drink thing

I will supply Boneyard flag(s) and food and I'll try to rally the troops on the other boards but someone else has to put this thing together.

On a side note: One reason I have zero free time is because I'm Treasurer of the High School Band Parent's Association, of which the marching band is a big part. The marching band has been invited to participate in the 2015 Outback Bowl parade and competition. All bands play in one huge band, during halftime I think, but the band that wins the competition gets to do its show as the pregame entertainment. We are representing the State of CT but we need to raise a LOT of money to get to Tampa for the 5 days so I am going from fund raiser to fund raiser. Anywho, we do get tickets to the game, a Big 10 team vs an SEC team. If it's Ohio State vs Tennessee, I don't know which team to boo. Maybe root for a sinkhole or something.

Did we decide on a flag? And how much will they be because I may buy a few :)

Reaction Score
Unless somebody else steps up, maybe the best bet is probably to try to link up with the football parents tailgate for the first go around attempt to bridge the fan bases a bit. It would give new fans a place to gather, with people that are pretty well established, and make it quite personal for new fans to football. I know there some of them hanging around in the shadows here.

As for the OSU's vs. Tenn of the world, you can always root for them both to lose.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think you have to worry about Tenn or OSU in the Outback Bowl. OSU too good, Tenn not nearly good enough.

Reaction Score
I'm totally in for doing a Boneyard flag for tailgaters. Check out these prices I found for smaller (boat-sized) flags, $27.30 w/ no set up fees, not bad: http://www.northstarflags.com/custom-boat-flags-16x24.html, not sure if folks we're thinking going with the larger 3x5 flags?

Now that I was offered a new position at one of my jobs I have weekends off. So season tickets here I come.

So where do I sign up for this flag? I would love to buy 2 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom