So who is (are) the key player(s) to go deep inn the tournament? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So who is (are) the key player(s) to go deep inn the tournament?

Reaction Score
I agree with all of the posts. Essentially we need all of our Nasty 9 to play well as we have been. Certain matchups will dictate who will have good games. Keep turnovers low and play good D like we have been and we have the ability to win it all. I think we will. We have the BEST defense in the country right now because we can go hard all 40 minutes.
IMO, Texas has the best defense, that is a team that I hope is in SC bracket and not UConn’s.

Reaction Score
Defense wins championships, Olivia anchors the team. She must rebound effectively, and keep opponent's from easy baskets.
Have to not have the breakdowns they have had every year since Stewie left.
Stewie's teams sometime during the game created separation, not letting the game come down to a fluke play.
Totally agree that defense wins championships. It creates great offensive opportunities and stymies the adversaries offense. Although ONO can block shots, the strongest big defender has been AE to these eyes. The real defensive strength has been on the perimeter where Nika, CW and Azzi have made it so tough.

Reaction Score
Also, UConn is switching on defense so well, which renders screening ineffective.

Reaction Score
Totally agree that defense wins championships. It creates great offensive opportunities and stymies the adversaries offense. Although ONO can block shots, the strongest big defender has been AE to these eyes. The real defensive strength has been on the perimeter where Nika, CW and Azzi have made it so tough.
For 4 years Uconn had Stewie who had the length and guickness to allow others to take chances on defense.
I still remember that Rutgers girl who stole the ball from Mo at halfcourt.
And Stewie chased her down and slammed the ball out of bounds. The Mississippi St game where Stewie made 3 or 4 blocks on the 1 possession.
In big games Geno always knew looking at Stewie she had her look, "I got this coach". He knew they would win.

Reaction Score
Also, UConn is switching on defense so well, which renders screening ineffective.
The switches are so smooth and seamless that if they didn't have numbers on the backs of their jerseys it would look like an optical illusion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom