So which HS conference is State's best | The Boneyard

So which HS conference is State's best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Hand & Xavier whooping on FCIAC teams it's a no brainer for the SCC as #1
Because the FCIAC was walloped in both games, along with the NVL winning the two smallest divisions, you have to give #2 to the NVL with the FCIAC as the 3rd best in state.
Who knows about Ansonia, though. It would be a hell of a game if Ansonia could play Xavier this year.

Reaction Score
With Hand & Xavier whooping on FCIAC teams it's a no brainer for the SCC as #1
Because the FCIAC was walloped in both games, along with the NVL winning the two smallest divisions, you have to give #2 to the NVL with the FCIAC as the 3rd best in state.
Who knows about Ansonia, though. It would be a hell of a game if Ansonia could play Xavier this year.
I've been watching the FCIAC for years and there is no doubt that it (FCIAC) was down this year. The usual suspects; Staples (1 loss), New Canaan (2 losses) and Greenwich (2 losses) were quick and, in the case of Staples and Greenwich, very fast at the skill positions. Both seemed short on big kids. I only saw New Canaan on TV, but they seemed to have similar size-related flaws. Additionally, Trumbull and Central had down years. Net, net = down year.

Reaction Score
scc is the best basically every year they are deep and way more physical then any other league.I played in the scc and follow hs fball close. Fciac is def second nvl is not even close to the scc or fciac. Ansonia has a awesome team every yr but Xavier is just AWESOME they would handle ansonia i promise like i said ansonia is good but play a horrible schedule.(including playoffs) its the scc n fciac then the rest are farr behind.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Xavier is hands down the best team in the state. While I think Ansonia would be tougher than Staples, Xavier overall talent and defense would wear Ansonia down.

Reaction Score
It depends year in and out. But I'd put the SCC and FCIAC on the first tier. CCC 2nd tier, followed by SWC/NVL and ECC on the third tier. Pequot after that with the Tech schools coming in last. That doesn't necessarily mean any team in the SCC or FCIAC is better than any team in the CCC, SWC, NVL etc. Every league has their premier programs, mediocre teams and teams that are victory challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom