So where would do we set the bar now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So where would do we set the bar now?

Reaction Score
On a more serious note I was thinking 20 wins and an NIT bid was doable before the season started. If we go 4-3 down the stretch and 1-1 in the conf. tourney I believe that's 18-15 which should get us an NIT bid.
Actually I thought 20+ was doable given a very weak OCS and a supposedly weak AAC. I expected 2 bids and unless we went to the finals (23-24 ) wins I didn’t think it was enough. That was of course assuming Gilbert stayed healthy also obviously Adams.
We were -1 in OCS - AZ at home was a give away , not too bad but disappointing.
However we are -3 or 4 in the whats is proving to be a tougher AAC especially on the road.
This team could easily be 17-7 and in good position to at least be a bubble team .
All 7 games left are winnable ( or not) if Gilbert is healthy.
I thought the team was just about to go on a roll when first Gilbert then Adams went down. Unfortunately we are more likely to go 2-5 .
We will know a lot more after Houston. A win would be an enormous confidence booster exactly this what this team needs most .
In reality 3-4 would be good and 4-3 would be great( 17-14) and given the strength of the AAC this year I think it’s a likely NIT worthy . Where I thought we would probably be at the start.
Injuries have hurt
Obviously Adam and Gilbert but I though I thought that 15-20 minutes of good D that Yakwe could give. down low was just the anecdote for our poor 2 defense..

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Is CBI still an option?
Don't know, but I'd imagine that CBI requires a winning record. If that's a requirement, then it's reasonable to assume that an NIT invite would be extended and accepted, so that realistically "No" to CBI.

If a .500 record would be OK for CBI but not NIT, then it would create a possibility.

Fan base snobbishness re CBI isn't something I'll address.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Don't know, but I'd imagine that CBI requires a winning record. If that's a requirement, then it's reasonable to assume that an NIT invite would be extended and accepted, so that realistically "No" to CBI.

If a .500 record would be OK for CBI but not NIT, then it would create a possibility.

Fan base snobbishness re CBI isn't something I'll address.

Not sure if UConn would want to associate themselves with that competition for the brand's sake. I also think anything besides the NIT would be a bad idea, just because of injuries to important players this season.

Reaction Score
We just need to not get blown out the rest of the year. If Gilbert is back then we should finish 3-4 or 4-3. If he doesn't come back, 15-16 is a real possibility. It's too bad because before Gilbert and Adams got hurt I really thought we still had a chance at 18 wins

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom