So where would do we set the bar now? | The Boneyard

So where would do we set the bar now?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Earlier in the season, there was a poll regarding what would be a measure as to whether or not we could chalk this season up as a success, or at least an acceptable one. The majority of the vote seemed to be for finishing with a winning record, with myself being among the voters for that choice. Now that we could be without Jalen Adams for the rest of the season and possibly without much of Gilbert, where does the point of acceptable results lie?

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't know if we could have ever set a marked goal for this team. I am looking for the intangibles like effort, tenacity, body language pride in doing the right thing. This team was severely undermanned from the beginning, but, could the attitudes necessary to win be glimpsed or even manifested by the end of the year, then it would be a successful year regardless of the won/lost record. After last week, I think this year is a great success. Last week was almost all I hoped for. Last week, I could see new NC banners for the first time in a while. Its an exciting time to be a Husky!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season, I was in the play hard, no blowouts, winning record camp. Still am.
Nova was appalling, Iowa & Temple were beatups, but not rollovers. Now, clearly undermanned. Hoping for no beat downs. Thursday will be telling. Hoping for winning record and NIT.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
On a more serious note I was thinking 20 wins and an NIT bid was doable before the season started. If we go 4-3 down the stretch and 1-1 in the conf. tourney I believe that's 18-15 which should get us an NIT bid.

Reaction Score
IF we get Adams and Gilbert back healthy, I still believe that this team has the talent to make a run in the conference tournament.

Not saying that’s the bar, but I just wanted to put mojo out into the universe

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season, I was in the play hard, no blowouts, winning record camp. Still am.
Nova was appalling, Iowa & Temple were beatups, but not rollovers. Now, clearly undermanned. Hoping for no beat downs. Thursday will be telling. Hoping for winning record and NIT.
NIT bid would be massive.

Reaction Score
It’s not about the wins this season especially with the key injuries but if we can see more progress from Wilson, Carlton and Polley that would be important pointing forward. The biggest thing Hurley has to do is to recruit a 5 or another power forward to go with Carlton and not just a body/transfer on the bench. We need a talented player with skills and if we don’t get that we will be hurt going into next year. If he strikes out on this we are hurt because we don’t have enough talent in this area. NIT would be a good accomplishment for this team now.

C

Chief00

It’s all about the dam break and the success of the recruiting grind. Chief said that from day 1 and has allocated his time accordingly this season. Expect this to continue to some degree next season before Chief can get back into the more traditional UConn MBB routine.

It is what it is and the grind will continue with more great success.

Reaction Score
It’s all about the dam break and the success of the recruiting grind. Chief said that from day 1 and has allocated his time accordingly this season. Expect this to continue to some degree next season before Chief can get back into the more traditional UConn MBB routine.

The only thing that’s better than the smell of napalm in the morning is a 4:58am post like this from Chief. Put a smile on my face!

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
I always expect to win it all each season. It's hard for me to imagine us losing as a fan, but when I see it I believe it.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
If we look at year one of Hurley's install at Wagner and URI it becomes clear pretty quick that the teams W/L record will be ugly and there will be no post-season.. the only expectation I can set for this year is buy in. Does the team buy in to his philosophy, is the team's identity being established? Is he changing the culture? Judging by the way they competed while trailing in the second half in all but maybe 1 or 2 games I would say the answer is yes. Help with talent is coming, when it arrives there needs to be an established group ready to show them what UCONN basketball is all about.

Reaction Score

I agree 100% on this. It's a success if we continue to recruit and sign high quality skilled players and that goes for next year as well. We are off to a decent start but far from where we need to be to get back to UConn basketball. Everything else is fluff.....

Reaction Score
I dont really have any expectations for this year anymore. I'm not sure you can. I'm just looking forward to next season as a test to see what Hurley can do.

Reaction Score
I always thought near Hilltop Apartments would have been ideal. I think they added a new building up that way recently but I'm all for Teds 2 by Hilltop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom