So, what's your all-time favorite Sue Bird PASS? | The Boneyard

So, what's your all-time favorite Sue Bird PASS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not your favorite play, your favorite Sue Bird PASS.

Mine is the behind-the-neck pass Sue fed to Jessica Moore near the end of the first half of the 2002 NCAA Finals game against Oklahoma. Moore then amplified the overall coolness of the play by practically climbing the board to put the ball in.

Oklahoma never knew what hit them!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If I remember this correctly, it was in the Team USA v. WNBA game. Dee got the rebound and threw an outlet pass to Sue on the wing. Sue hit Swin in perfect stride from about 60 feet for a layup. Not fancy, but very effective. UConn to UConn to UConn in about 3 seconds for an easy basket. The ball never touched the floor.

Reaction Score
Not your favorite play, your favorite Sue Bird PASS.

Mine is the behind-the-neck pass Sue fed to Jessica Moore near the end of the first half of the 2002 NCAA Finals game against Oklahoma. Moore then amplified the overall coolness of the play by practically climbing the board to put the ball in.

Oklahoma never knew what hit them!
You may remember that pass as behind the neck. I recall it being a rather routine chest pass; straightfoward. Sue got the outlet pass, dribbled down the right side closest to the benches and, just above the elbow, zipped a nice, routine pass to a streaking Jessica Moore for the layup. What impressed me about the pass and the play was that Jessica blocked the shot on the defensive end, then sprinted from the baseline to the other end beating everyone down the floor. I do not think we ever had two faster posts than Jessica and Willnet.

BTW: That was not a pretty game.

Reaction Score
Sue Bird made a post entry pass during the 2001 season, late in the Tennessee game at Gampel, to either Tameka or Swin that was an absolute thing of beauty. It was a clutch pass in a tight spot thrown perfectly that resulted in a clutch bucket. Sue, IIRC, came down on the next possesion and hit a 15 foot jumper on the right side.

BTW: Svetlana's pass to Tameka at the end of the game should have been converted. Of course, Svetlana surprised everyone and her teammates with the pass.

Reaction Score
My least favorite.
I asked her for a date one night and she said she'd pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom