So what's the plan? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So what's the plan?

Reaction Score
We simply didn't have the players to beat UMass

Sheer stupidity. Our offensive line pushed UMass 75 yards into the end zone. So on our second drive they stacked the box and didn't worry about the pass. My first thought was open the second drive with a play action pass. Nope, Edsall runs up the middle, never runs play action, and passes about three times in the half.

The coach lost this game. I could go on and on why. On the first drive X Scott had two rushes for 48 yards. Edsall never handed him the ball again. You want to talk about fourth down plays? Lack of imagination? No passes to WRs? And his comment about Pindell's hands? Sheesh.

As dumb as the OP was, Edsall was dumber.

Legitimate criticism in a snapshot view. But the game plan was sound. Pindell has demonstrated a bad habit of interceptions, and with poor weather conditions, I don't have a problem with the game plan, or the play calling. It was textbook Randy Edsall.

You are what your record says you are, and Randy is either at .500, or heading south of .500 has a career head coach right now. If Edsall was a more creative and free wheeling coach with game plans and play calling, he probably would have a higher winning percentage, but he's not changing - especially not at this point in his life.

We lost this game, because our offense failed to score enough points early in the game, and the entire team suffered a 4th quarter mental will to compete breakdown, after giving up big plays on defense.

Mostly because - as noted by somebody way back in August - when a photo of the leader board in the practice facility - our fastest players run high 4's in the 40, and UMass has a receiver that is physically fast and talented enough to draw NFL eyes.

Reaction Score
I wanted to gouge my eyes out. Zero play action, zero TE slants, zero effort to at least stretch the field and keep them honest, and totally under utilized Scott, a play maker. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on.

Randy Edsall's program is what's going on. And he's thinking about a 12-9 game or something in a monsoon played against Temple I think a decade ago, in this game plan. And if we had DB's that could run under a 4.8 forty, it would have been a win.

Randy Edsall is not going to change, so what needs to change is the DB's speed, in this snapshot, and that my friend - goes to recruiting.

What is the GD plan? Trying to repeat his recruiting pitches from 1999-2009 are not going to work.

Reaction Score
Edsall was hired December 28, 2016. Had a month to signing day 2017. If you believe Edsall's comments regarding this freshmen class(including what was said about the qb from ga) that its the best top to bottom of any he's brought in here while at UConn then the plan is to get them through two off seasons of strength training. These will be the years were they will make the most progress in the time spent here. At that time he should have a roster full of 3 to 5 year players that should physically able to compete with the other members of the conference. Hopefully he can recruit to supplement and sustain. Scott probably moved back to wr.

Reaction Score
Edsall was hired December 28, 2016. Had a month to signing day 2017. If you believe Edsall's comments regarding this freshmen class(including what was said about the qb from ga) that its the best top to bottom of any he's brought in here while at UConn then the plan is to get them through two off seasons of strength training. These will be the years were they will make the most progress in the time spent here. At that time he should have a roster full of 3 to 5 year players that should physically able to compete with the other members of the conference. Hopefully he can recruit to supplement and sustain. Scott probably moved back to wr.
I agree with you on Scott. I hope the rest of your post is correct.

Reaction Score

JHC Duncan. Stop trying to justify. It's inexcusable the state of this program right now.

'If you believe Edsall's comments', that's an important caveat no? From what I"ve seen, i've seen very little to go on to believe his comments. I saw it in game 1, and a saw it in game 8. IMO, the nose tackle from New Haven is the only player that we can build around right now. We need a dozen players, not 1. He was a monster early in the game, but made some dumb heat of moment discipline mistakes later in the game - to be expected from a kid in that position. Wants to win.

Edsall's comments doesn't cut the mustard when there are 4,000 people in the stands on homecoming. The fan base 10x that 10 years ago, remembers everything about Randy Edsall's value of words.

I guarantee you, there more people outside the stadium in the morning that went home rather than watch the game live. And the weather is just a convenient excuse to not get nauseated in discomfort. Better to be nauseaus on the couch close to your own bathroom.

I'm attempting work here. It's pretty clear some writers are already collating and rehashing - and that's not journalism.

I'm tired of a Board of Trustees and a university leadership up the chain from the athletic director that has their thumbs up their you know what's and remains silent and detached, and I want to hear from them in the public arena.

Scholarship football is the bread and butter of a successful division 1 athletic department. I want to know the plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom