So what's the plan? | The Boneyard

So what's the plan?

Reaction Score
Problem statement:

We are not recruiting at a level to be putting players on the field annually that can compete with the level of competition we are facing regulary at both the conference and non-conference level we are playing at.

What's the solution?

(This is independant of coaching staff. There is no one followed this program for any significant amount of time, and there are only a handful left paying attention, should be surprised by anything Randy Edsall does. We simply didn't have the players to beat UMass, and struggled to beat URI. Randy has a convenient excuse, in somehow in his second year back, playing a roster that is incredibly young, and underdeveloped physically and mentally.)

But here's the thing. What if Randy's recruiting plan isn't adequate? We won't know if these freshmen are capable of playing to the level they're supposed to be at for at least another 2-3 years right? Convenient for Randy.)

None of that in ( ) addresses the problem statement above - the key word being 'annually'.

I've read it on the BY, just today, rumor - that there are plans to aggressively lobby for moving some athletic programs to different scheduling arrangements with conference affiliation. That's just rumor - but that rumor addresses where I want to see solutions being generate. The Athletic Director, the President and Provost, and the Board of Trustees plan to fix that problem.

Nothing Randy Edsall says, is anything I care to hear, read or see. He's got a job to do, he's lucky to have that job, and he isn't producing results. Shut up and fix it. We still have a bunch of games to go in what is now, a season with few goals left to achieve, other than 1 week seasons.

I thought getting shut out by BC was pure embarrassment a couple years ago. Losing to UMass at home, by folding like a cheap tent in the 4th quarter on homecoming? In a season with 1 win so far, against 1-AA URI on a last minute effort? Argueably the worst team in division 1 college football?

Talk about setting the bar low to measure success from here out.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The plan changes every second! It will all work out

Reaction Score
Randy needs to keep his pie hole shut, and start focusing on teaching blocking and tackling and game planning.

People higher up in the chain of command need to start answering for this complete mess, and present their plan on how their going to fix it.

I've said my piece elsewhere today. I have the easy solution. Cheat like hell. Launder money. Hookers. Blow. Race cars. I've noted this for a few years now. We're in the same football conference as SMU. I'd like to go back in time and tell 1988 me, about all things 2018.

This is why I'm not a school administrator though, and UConn doesn't have the donors that are going to do that, so it's just high comedy.

So there needs to be a better solution, for real, not comedy - that's only going to make people think we are cheating based on how well we are doing and winning games, to start bringing in players that can succeed year in and year out. I want to know what that plan is.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree about Randy shutting his pie hole. He needs to.

The plan is he's playing for 2020, when all the freshmen and sophomores are juniors and seniors. In the meantime, I've gotta watch bad football and play full season ticket prices to see it. Ughh...

Reaction Score
I agree about Randy shutting his pie hole. He needs to.

The plan is he's playing for 2020, when all the freshmen and sophomores are juniors and seniors. In the meantime, I've gotta watch bad football and play full season ticket prices to see it. Ughh...

Unacceptable. what happens in 2021-2024?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I dunno about the coaching staff, but my plan to deal with UConn football is: Self-Medication

Reaction Score
We simply didn't have the players to beat UMass

Sheer stupidity. Our offensive line pushed UMass 75 yards into the end zone. So on our second drive they stacked the box and didn't worry about the pass. My first thought was open the second drive with a play action pass. Nope, Edsall runs up the middle, never runs play action, and passes about three times in the half.

The coach lost this game. I could go on and on why. On the first drive X Scott had two rushes for 48 yards. Edsall never handed him the ball again. You want to talk about fourth down plays? Lack of imagination? No passes to WRs? And his comment about Pindell's hands? Sheesh.

As dumb as the OP was, Edsall was dumber.

Reaction Score

Sheer stupidity. Our offensive line pushed UMass 75 yards into the end zone. So on our second drive they stacked the box and didn't worry about the pass. My first thought was open the second drive with a play action pass. Nope, Edsall runs up the middle, never runs play action, and passes about three times in the half.

The coach lost this game. I could go on and on why. On the first drive X Scott had two rushes for 48 yards. Edsall never handed him the ball again. You want to talk about fourth down plays? Lack of imagination? No passes to WRs? And his comment about Pindell's hands? Sheesh.

Could not agree more. Yes the D gave up some points, but we should had more time of possession and a lot more points. The D being inexperienced should not be a surprise to anyone, least of all the coach. Slight criticism of Pindell, he should have called time out on that fourth down keeper. There were 4 defenders right over the center.

Reaction Score
Randy needs to keep his pie hole shut, and start focusing on teaching blocking and tackling and game planning.

People higher up in the chain of command need to start answering for this complete mess, and present their plan on how their going to fix it.

I've said my piece elsewhere today. I have the easy solution. Cheat like hell. Launder money. Hookers. Blow. Race cars. I've noted this for a few years now. We're in the same football conference as SMU. I'd like to go back in time and tell 1988 me, about all things 2018.

This is why I'm not a school administrator though, and UConn doesn't have the donors that are going to do that, so it's just high comedy.

So there needs to be a better solution, for real, not comedy - that's only going to make people think we are cheating based on how well we are doing and winning games, to start bringing in players that can succeed year in and year out. I want to know what that plan is.
I am firmly in support of cheating at this point. Have been for the last year or so. What's the worst that happens? We get caught, drop football, and just move to the big east? Lol

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Love the attempt to stir up bold solutions, but my guess is we are going with Football's most common and popular plan, the QB on the bench. Gonna see somewhere in the next four games if Washington or Krajewski can make something happen. Pindell has been spectacular - totally electric as a runner when healthy - however he's time as a D1 player is short and we have to look to the future.

Reaction Score
Bring Rick Pitino on as a recruitment advisor for the football team. He knows how to win a recruits heart.

Reaction Score

I wanted to gouge my eyes out. Zero play action, zero TE slants, zero effort to at least stretch the field and keep them honest, and totally under utilized Scott, a play maker. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on.

Reaction Score
Problem statement:

We are not recruiting at a level to be putting players on the field annually that can compete with the level of competition we are facing regulary at both the conference and non-conference level we are playing at.

What's the solution?

(This is independant of coaching staff. There is no one followed this program for any significant amount of time, and there are only a handful left paying attention, should be surprised by anything Randy Edsall does. We simply didn't have the players to beat UMass, and struggled to beat URI. Randy has a convenient excuse, in somehow in his second year back, playing a roster that is incredibly young, and underdeveloped physically and mentally.)

But here's the thing. What if Randy's recruiting plan isn't adequate? We won't know if these freshmen are capable of playing to the level they're supposed to be at for at least another 2-3 years right? Convenient for Randy.)

None of that in ( ) addresses the problem statement above - the key word being 'annually'.

I've read it on the BY, just today, rumor - that there are plans to aggressively lobby for moving some athletic programs to different scheduling arrangements with conference affiliation. That's just rumor - but that rumor addresses where I want to see solutions being generate. The Athletic Director, the President and Provost, and the Board of Trustees plan to fix that problem.

Nothing Randy Edsall says, is anything I care to hear, read or see. He's got a job to do, he's lucky to have that job, and he isn't producing results. Shut up and fix it. We still have a bunch of games to go in what is now, a season with few goals left to achieve, other than 1 week seasons.

I thought getting shut out by BC was pure embarrassment a couple years ago. Losing to UMass at home, by folding like a cheap tent in the 4th quarter on homecoming? In a season with 1 win so far, against 1-AA URI on a last minute effort? Argueably the worst team in division 1 college football?

Talk about setting the bar low to measure success from here out.

Thanks for the recap. Those of us who didn’t stop following the team could coach you up and get you up to speed on all you’ve missed.

Reaction Score
Better place than any... Hot Take Tuesday: Edsall, UConn See Losing as Virtuous

>Author’s disclaimer: This column is called Hot Take Tuesday. The opinions and predictions contained in this column will not all be accurate. In keeping with the hot take tradition of sports (particularly football) media, you’re probably better off taking in the spirit of the take rather than the words themselves. Don’t worry, at the end I’ll tell you how seriously to take it. <<

Reaction Score
Better place than any... Hot Take Tuesday: Edsall, UConn See Losing as Virtuous

>Author’s disclaimer: This column is called Hot Take Tuesday. The opinions and predictions contained in this column will not all be accurate. In keeping with the hot take tradition of sports (particularly football) media, you’re probably better off taking in the spirit of the take rather than the words themselves. Don’t worry, at the end I’ll tell you how seriously to take it. <<

Of course they're not concerned. There is no fan base to light a fire under them in the stadium, there appears to be no urgency or foresight or planning from those higher up in the chain (and I'm talking about above Athletic Director level) to get anything meaningful done with building a successful program - which is what I'm pleading for to find out. Why the heck should I even consider buying season tickets again, when there is no plan, goals, stated objectives or anything but Randy Edsall's word to go by?

Let's not forget this is Randy Edsall - mr. dream job, who's words and actions are what started this tail spin way back in 2011.

I have no reason to doubt that Randy can oversee a program that can teach blocking, tackling, and game planning - and then execute successful game plans.

It's the level of competition we need to be recruiting and putting players on the field annually that I'm concerned about, and Randy inspires no confidence in what he's done so far in his time back.

Why should I invest in a program that might be good every 4 or 5 years? And why should I trust a UCONN leadership that has fumbled and mismanaged and driven this into the ground for years.

Legitimate questions - I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom