So what happens if | The Boneyard

So what happens if

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco is retained?

I give it a 50% probability. I don't buy the wait until January narrative. If he was going he would be gone by now..

Do you renew tickets? Do you give up?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What if UConn wins both games, goes 5-7, snakes in to a bowl? Wins the bowl and finishes 6-7. All while a new OC and true frosh QB get better each game.

It can still happen.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
What if UConn wins both games, goes 5-7, snakes in to a bowl? Wins the bowl and finishes 6-7. All while a new OC and true frosh QB get better each game.

It can still happen.
Sweet dreams...

Reaction Score
Did we really need another one of these threads?

This is getting as bad to watch as the offense for both football and men's basketball.

Reaction Score
Diaco is retained?

I give it a 50% probability. I don't buy the wait until January narrative. If he was going he would be gone by now..

If they disassemble this program prematurely right now, it may be in worse shape. Go over to the Notre Dame, BC, and Rutgers boards, Diaco is not the only head coach on the hot seat. He deserves to be on the hot seat however and the next two games will say a lot. Next year will answer all the questions and concerns.

I posted many of the negative things that concern the fans elsewhere on the board. In spite of all that, Diaco Has built a lot of infrastructure the past two years (first year not so much). This year was extremely disappointing but next year should be better.

I was reminded of Tom Landry's start in the NFL. Diaco is capable of the same kind of turn around.

50. Tom Landry: As the coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Landry brought the team two Super Bowl victories, five NFC Championship victories and holds the records for the record for the most career wins. He also has the distinction of having one of the worst first seasons on record (winning no games) and winning five or fewer over the next four seasons.

Reaction Score
Diaco is retained?

You could give it a 0% probability and it doesn't change the fact that Diaco is going nowhere.

Reaction Score
Diaco is retained?

Don't give up, never give up. People quit too soon!

Because these guys came to play for Bob Diaco. They are the future (less Jay Rose)
There are some really fast guys in this group!

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: 2016 UConn Football Signing Day Central :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site

Reaction Score
Whatever. The time for selling futures has passed. I have come to loath the guy. Can't stand even looking at him let alone listening to the abject BS issuing from his deluded mouth. As they say, the eyes don't lie, and 3 years in I defy anyone to honestly say there are fundamental blocks of improvement.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If they disassemble this program prematurely right now, it may be in worse shape. Go over to the Notre Dame, BC, and Rutgers boards, Diaco is not the only head coach on the hot seat. He deserves to be on the hot seat however and the next two games will say a lot. Next year will answer all the questions and concerns.

I posted many of the negative things that concern the fans elsewhere on the board. In spite of all that, Diaco Has built a lot of infrastructure the past two years (first year not so much). This year was extremely disappointing but next year should be better.

I was reminded of Tom Landry's start in the NFL. Diaco is capable of the same kind of turn around.

50. Tom Landry: As the coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Landry brought the team two Super Bowl victories, five NFC Championship victories and holds the records for the record for the most career wins. He also has the distinction of having one of the worst first seasons on record (winning no games) and winning five or fewer over the next four seasons.

Apples and oranges. Comparing a modern day CFB program to an NFL expansion team from 1960 is completely crazy, especially one from that era. NFL expansion teams from that long ago started off with zero...no fans, no facilities, no players, nothing. They get a name and the dregs of an expansion draft. Not only that, but every other established franchise is committed to keeping the expansion team down at the bottom for years afterward.

Diaco started off with way more than that, despite what Pasqualoni, et al. did to run the program into the ground. He had players, top notch facilities and the UCONN brand. So far, other than a fortunate win over a depleted roster Houston team, and a bowl game loss to an inferior opponent, what the heck has Diaco accomplished? Nothing, and he's already had more of a chance than Pasqualoni was given.

If the administration cares at all about getting into a P5 conference, you bite the bullet now and get rid of this loser. If they wait even as long as a few games into next season, it's just possible that the damage done to this program could get to a point where it's irreversible in the short term, and the short term is all we have left to get into a relevant conference. You screw that up and 10 years from now when the big boys decide to split from the NCAA and form their own collegiate athletic association, we get left behind with the Villanovas.

What the UCONN administration does or doesn't do in the next couple of months will tell us everything we need to know about their commitment to the future of UCONN athletics.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Same as every year. Hope, based on no actual evidence, that we will improve. Realize by the end of the first game that it's going to be another long season.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So say he does get retained, and we go 6-7 next year and lose in the Goody's Headache Powder Bowl, do we keep him for 18-19?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So say he does get retained, and we go 6-7 next year and lose in the Goody's Headache Powder Bowl, do we keep him for 18-19?

Keeping him one game beyond the end of this season is too long. By the end of next season, there will be intimate gatherings of friends and family of the players, and a handful of visiting team fans at the PAWS-ARF games. The mandatory sale bowl game ticket allotment might as well be distributed to underprivileged kids in whichever city the bowl game is played.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm in for season tickets as long as there is a season.

I doubt we'll change head coaches before 2018 but some alterations to the staff may improve our current HC's chances of success. Unfortunately we are in wait and see mode for the time being (unless one of us is willing to cough up enough cash to cover the buyout).

Reaction Score

It can still happen.
Dreaming. Or high. Which?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member