So what did the Penn State announcers really say? | The Boneyard

So what did the Penn State announcers really say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went back to the intro of the game and Eric Collins said Quote " Maggie Lucas will be the best player on the floor today, she has it in all facets of the game, driving , free throws, blah, blah, blah " B10 psycho babble if you ask me. Stephani White just agreed with everything he said.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I went back to the intro of the game and Eric Collins said Quote " Maggie Lucas will be the best player on the floor today, she has it in all facets of the game, driving , free throws, blah, blah, blah " B10 psycho babble if you ask me. Stephani White just agreed with everything he said.
And then White said AA KML is out but don't shed a tear for Uconn they have the terrific trio - Breanna Stewart could be the POY in the nation this year - displaying a graphic of her Stef and Bria.
And on a statistical basis (I know against lesser competition than Uconn has faced) Lucas came in averaging 28 ppg, 62.5% from 3, and 6.5 rebounds per game and is still averaging 25 ppg and 4.5 rebounds and 4 steals and hitting 50% on 3s after this game - so that is still pretty impressive.

I thought the announcers were slightly biased, but had a ton of praise for Uconn - if I were a PSU alum I probably would have wondered why the BTN announcers sounded like Uconn homers.
I know I should't get all worked up about this - but I find this parsing of a few throw away lines by BTN announcers pretty petty. Listening to them throughout the game made me a little jealous - I think they are better at calling games than most of those who have called Uconn games through the years. Smart analysis and focus on the game from start to finish - the video wasn't that great but the audio was very good.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Those are not Penn State announcers they are the B1G's lead team for coverage. They have no other connection to PSU. Stephanie White is a former national POY from Purdue.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Those are not Penn State announcers they are the B1G's lead team for coverage. They have no other connection to PSU. Stephanie White is a former national POY from Purdue.
Yes I know and I didn't mean to imply they were PSU announcers but they are Big 10 announcers and you expect a little home conference bias. I think White may be one of the best color folks working WCBB at this point. And he wasn't bad either.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes I know and I didn't mean to imply they were PSU announcers but they are Big 10 announcers and you expect a little home conference bias. I think White may be one of the best color folks working WCBB at this point. And he wasn't bad either.
Absolutely. As I said in the other thread I think he just swallowed the end of the sentence meaning to say the best athlete on the court for Penn State which Maggie is. Things like that happen when you have production yelling in your ear.

Reaction Score
UCONN worked up a good sweat and Penn State now can prepare for 4 very weak games before ND.........Lets see if they learned anything..........in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom