So were you feeling better about this year's edition of the Huskies... | The Boneyard

So were you feeling better about this year's edition of the Huskies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
...after the SB win or after the BYU loss? While I appreciate the win, I have to say that yesterday left me feeling pretty worried.

Reaction Score
Thats a tough question, I really think we may of had more talent last year, but with our first win coming in September instead of November it's nice to have this

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I felt better after BYU believe it or not. Our offense was able to move the ball even though we couldn't score in the red zone and while our D was abused it was against a Heisman candidate who did most of the damage.

After our OL performance against SB it's really hard to see them progressing and improving materially. I'm sure it is possible but I just have trouble seeing it.

Reaction Score
I will feel better when i know Casey's coming back. Until then, i'm very worried

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was pretty optimistic for 2014 before the season, and now I'm not.

-While we all know that the PP era was a dumpster fire of epic proportions... I feel like every day shines new light on how truly awful it was in every conceivable facet.

-I thought there may have been a slight uptick in P's recruiting, but - P had an uncanny ability to coach kids down, not up, and this has compounded year over year. Combined with years of weight room neglect, our upperclassmen are years behind where they should be- playing catch up to their peers.

-Hearing the success in the weight room this offseason gave me hope that they would be strong enough to muscle out a win or two more than last year.

-I flat out underestimated how long it will take to undo the P years. Love it or hate it (and at the moment... Well... I don't love it)... I think that getting the younger guys playing time will really pay off next year and the year after - building year over year their physical strength and "football IQ".

-Regardless of the win, Stony Brook was an all out nightmare. I couldn't shake the feeling that we hadn't bottomed out yet. Hopefully that was bottom. Diaco talks about seeing improvement week to week... I want to see it on game day.

-In Diaco I Trust... But it's gonna be a long season.

Reaction Score
I will feel better when i know Casey's coming back. Until then, i'm very worried

I'm worried.

I think that we will eek out 4 wins or so, but CW (the loss of CC) has dropped my prediction by 3.

I do, however, feel that HCBD will figure out a way to use what we have to win some games despite the ugly situation we have right now on offense.

But i'm worried....now

Reaction Score
Holy cow? Looking at when you posted that wow. I BLAME YOU!!! Just kidding, but damn what a post.

Reaction Score
Holy cow? Looking at when you posted that wow. I BLAME YOU!!! Just kidding, but damn what a post.

I know. I was thinking the same thing. Just brutal timing. Frankly, i blame me too

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We didn't lose to Towson or Buffalo. Comparatively better. Eye test isn't where we'd like it or hoped, but still comparatively better than last year.

If in three weeks it appears to remain level, then I'll be sad(der).

Reaction Score
Can I vote for feeling better after watching BYU dismantle UT?

I was wondering if anyone would mention that? I went to the BYU site for the sole purpose of looking at the game stats. Remarkably similar.

A few things: Texas played Hill last year and saw him play against us. So much for familiarity. I couldn't find participation numbers, but I doubt Texas went to the three-deep. BYU scored about a million-points in the second-half. That was Texas!!! They have more four and five-star players on the team than the State of CT has kids playing football.

I would offer the above as "perspective," but SB was so damn ugly. Still. It was Texas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom