So this Randy thing is done right? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So this Randy thing is done right?

Reaction Score
Really hope the entire team walks out on him. It's insane no move has been made yet and if Benedict and the school no longer care about the program it's up to the players to make their voices heard.
I’m so torn on this. On the one hand, do these kids have any individual / team / UConn pride that will keep them playing hard? Or are they already playing to their capacity and just don’t have innate abilities to compete with even an FCS level team?

Was that Benny Hill-esque sequence in the 4th quarter where the HC QB ran silly through the whole defense them just being outclassed? Or giving up?

I was so stunned watching this game in the stands today. Really thought at worst we were going to win a tight game. Losing and losing with such conviction wasn’t even on my radar screen.

Reaction Score
I’m so torn on this. On the one hand, do these kids have any individual / team / UConn pride that will keep them playing hard? Or are they already playing to their capacity and just don’t have innate abilities to compete with even an FCS level team?

Was that Benny Hill-esque sequence in the 4th quarter where the HC QB ran silly through the whole defense them just being outclassed? Or giving up?

I was so stunned watching this game in the stands today. Really thought at worst we were going to win a tight game. Losing and losing with such conviction wasn’t even on my radar screen.
They're very clearly demoralized. They were told all last year that if they put in work they'd see results and there haven't been any results to speak of. I can't imagine how mentally draining that must be.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I agree. The talent level seems to be improving but the coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball is awful.
The defense is every bit as awful. That 4Q QB scramble was a symptom of a larger problem.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitt has a home-and-home vs Tennessee, which will be called "The Johnny Majors Classic", as Majors was very successful as HC at both schools.

I'm thinking AD Dave should get on the phone to Maryland to schedule a "Randy Edsall Fiasco".

Reaction Score
Can someone explain Randy’s issue with Krajewski? Starting to see some frustration from people close to Steve. I tend to agree. We can all agree he at least should be starting. I don’t get the deal. Is randy so stubborn bc he doesn’t wanna admit he’s wrong?

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Can someone explain Randy’s issue with Krajewski? Starting to see some frustration from people close to Steve. I tend to agree. We can all agree he at least should be starting. I don’t get the deal. Is randy so stubborn bc he doesn’t wanna admit he’s wrong?
At this point i am inclined to believe he is intentionally sabotaging the team and school. It is the most plausible answer to the question: "how can he be such a poor coach."

Reaction Score
At this point i am inclined to believe he is intentionally sabotaging the team and school. It is the most plausible answer to the question: "how can he be such a poor coach."
This has zero to do with Jack Zergiotis as I think he’s a hard worker and definitely has talent. But I mean Steven Krajewski is clearly the week one QB. I honestly think UConn is 1-1 if he is and has a decent Fresno performance on offense

Reaction Score
He's been a loser his whole career, just more of a loser then he was before

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
This has zero to do with Jack Zergiotis as I think he’s a hard worker and definitely has talent. But I mean Steven Krajewski is clearly the week one QB. I honestly think UConn is 1-1 if he is and has a decent Fresno performance on offense
Who recruited Steven Krajewski versus Jack Zergiotis?

Reaction Score
Pitt has a home-and-home vs Tennessee, which will be called "The Johnny Majors Classic", as Majors was very successful as HC at both schools.

I'm thinking AD Dave should get on the phone to Maryland to schedule a "Randy Edsall Fiasco".
LOLOLOL

Reaction Score
There are literal clowns on this website that told me taking two years off from playing games was going to be a good thing for the program.

I’d love to hear from all of you who repeatedly ripped me for being “down” on the program while you pumped sunshine during this period. Not a peep from anyone it looks like
But, but, but they've been lifting weights and watching film. Cool. When every other program in America stops doing those things maybe they'll have an advantage. Until then the only way to truly get better at football hasn't changed. I.E. playing football.

Reaction Score
Well, that is the answer to all the questions isn't it? He is such an absolute ego-maniac it is almost beyond comprehension.
Yup. There's no other way to explain his failure at QB so far. It's sad people can be this stupid.

Reaction Score
Meh. Backup RB is good. Like our TEs, WRs. We have decent players on the defensive line. I like our secondary except for Myles Bell. Our kicking is good.

Coaching and QB. That's where we suffer.
Both sides of the line were dominated by HC. Maybe it was just coaching…

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
So is Randy still the head coach? Just rip off the band-aid already.

Reaction Score
Just waiting for the news that Edsall has been fired. It is ridiculous to keep this show going week after week. There is no improvement in anything other than more and more national embarrassment.

DB - just hit the reset button or send in your own resignation.

Reaction Score
The block C is probably not coming back anytime soon after Randy is fired.

#96 totally turned his back on Edsall in that clip and that kid is a winner. Will be great in the Edsall household tonight.

The coach in the clip is the DC Spanos. He wants the players to "rip the ball out".

Reaction Score
Our AD doesn’t have the balls to make a coaching change. It’s going to be another long year with a QB and OC in over their heads.

Our AD has made coaching changes before. One of which was to our basketball program that involved a former player who was handpicked by our former legendary head coach - and who happened to win a a national title a few years prior.

Our AD hasn’t pulled the plug yet because who is he bringing in? The program is a dumpster fire - anyone who comes is going to face the same thing: no conference, scheduling issues, lack of significant money behind the program, years of being one of (if not the) worst program in DI, etc.

Everyone says go get “the up and coming” coach. Problem is if the coach everyone wants is “up and coming” that coach will wait for a better opening at this point.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
He brought back the Block C.
TRUTH. Only good thing he's done. Brought back Block C, and restored facilities (Burton/new Locker Room project). I’ll give him that. Always why I said Edsall should be like Director of Alumni Engagement or something since he’s got ties to the past of the program. Now idk tho reading some of the stuff former alums are saying.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think we will find that Randy recruited decent talent. He can do that. He can’t coach. Hopefully, a good coach can come in and make something of these guys.
I honestly don’t even think it’s that he doesn’t know the Xs & Os of football anymore. He does - been in this profession too long to not. It’s that he’s stubborn and can’t connect to the kids to get them to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom