So this Randy thing is done right? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So this Randy thing is done right?

Reaction Score
There are literal clowns on this website that told me taking two years off from playing games was going to be a good thing for the program.

I’d love to hear from all of you who repeatedly ripped me for being “down” on the program while you pumped sunshine during this period. Not a peep from anyone it looks like
Spying Humayun Ahmed GIF by GifGari

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't see how inbound recruits don't just snicker at this product and walk away, even with a decent hire.
Normally, the easy recruiting argument is "you get a chance to start right away". But based on who's getting snaps and playing time vs who's sitting, recruits won't buy that argument from UConn staff.

Reaction Score
There are literal clowns on this website that told me taking two years off from playing games was going to be a good thing for the program.

I’d love to hear from all of you who repeatedly ripped me for being “down” on the program while you pumped sunshine during this period. Not a peep from anyone it looks like

Yup, this is nitwit ground zero.

Reaction Score

I guarantee taking the year off was more about dodging liability over the novel flu. Playing it up as conditioning was just optics to cover the fact. The current product makes that much obvious.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Hire a pop-warner coach at this point. Literally. No staff could be worse than this. I’ll take the job - pay me that salary to take L’s & spout excuses. Randy was an ok coach a decade or so ago. He was a joke when we re-hires him. We’re the joke for retaining him.

Reaction Score
Randy is a grumpy old man now. Who's pulled a Diaco on UConn fans. Collecting paychecks.
Randy fled during the high point of UConn football in a somewhat disrespectful manner. He then failed at Maryland and somehow landed back here. Guy doesn’t give a flying you know what about UConn football. He wasn’t making $1.3M anywhere else but at UConn and he knew it. We fell for it.

Never shoulda brought him back.

Reaction Score
His senses and judgement were still somewhat intact when he took off for Maryland. Ever since then? He's been a Diaco(head) who can recruit. He's more interested in paychecks now than wins.
Can he recruit? I was wishing I was a HC fan today.

Reaction Score
I suppose the answer to this is anyone, but who takes over if AD Dave makes the move tomorrow? We won't hire a permanent coach in-season. Who is the interim?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Good point...if only they played UMass and liberty last year they would have won today.

Whether or not they played last year doesn't matter. What does matter is that Edsall and his staff have not figured out how to develop a winning football team. He has had time to build a culture and develop a team and he has failed. And...not to put it in one guy...but if Jack Zergiotis was competent they win today and maybe gain some confidence. Every time the defense seemed to get fired up, the QB did something to hurt the offense and then the defense seemed to lose steam.

Again...I hate to put it in one guy, but I can't believe after being here four years, this is the best QB Edsall can run out there. It's so odd that Edsall is risk adverse...and yet he starts a turnover machine at QB

Edsall is the problem...not that they didn't play last year. And anyone who says otherwise is just about patting themselves on the back.

Reaction Score
When you are in a hole the first thing you need to do is stop digging. Can someone please inform AD Dave that the hole is about 748,967 feet deep already?

Reaction Score
The block C is probably not coming back anytime soon after Randy is fired.

#96 totally turned his back on Edsall in that clip and that kid is a winner. Will be great in the Edsall household tonight.

Reaction Score
I think we will find that Randy recruited decent talent. He can do that. He can’t coach. Hopefully, a good coach can come in and make something of these guys.
I agree. The talent level seems to be improving but the coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball is awful.

Reaction Score
Meh. Backup RB is good. Like our TEs, WRs. We have decent players on the defensive line. I like our secondary except for Myles Bell. Our kicking is good.

Coaching and QB. That's where we suffer.
You are absolutely right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom