So this has to be said before Monday's B12 news conference... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So this has to be said before Monday's B12 news conference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 doesn't include any AAC teams our best chance for both programs basketball and football is to just continue in the AAC. Basketball wise this would be like conference USA was. I do think the AAC can raise it's basketball profile as stated above and if those are the cards dealt than so be it. Of course the Big 12 invite eliminates our hoop problems on many levels.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would argue that UConn would be a better fit in the B-12, which currently has eight large, state schools who field teams in all revenue sports than we would be in a conference of small, private, almost exclusively religious schools that stretches from the east coast to Nebraska.

I would go so far as to state that even if Creighton, DePaul and Marquette were not in the current BE the only excuse for that conference being a fit would be geography and the past shared time in the BE.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 doesn't include any AAC teams our best chance for both programs basketball and football is to just continue in the AAC. Basketball wise this would be like conference USA was. I do think the AAC can raise it's basketball profile as stated above and if those are the cards dealt than so be it. Of course the Big 12 invite eliminates our hoop problems on many levels.

What on Earth leads anyone to believe that the AAC will raise its baketball profile?

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
OP has a lot more validity now. UConn absolutely do not fit in the B12. Our best CR chance is that ND football continues to suck and joins ACC permanently, and we kick BC's ass in November. Been a good start this year.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I'll say it. I don't want to be part of the Big 12. Not now. Not ever. We have no connection culturally, athletically, regionally, etc. They are shortsighted and a sinking ship with expansion or without. I wouldn't put this to words prior to selection because I didn't want the mojo out there. I know the next comment will be "We'll never make it without P5 and any port in the storm". It's a legit point. I understand we are all willing to hold our nose for the hope of something better. I get it. I would have held mine. But I would rather wait and continue to improve. Commission that study on market value they had done and publish to the high heavens. Yes it is a risk. So is membership in a league where we are low man on totem pole, hair cut to the nub, and being yes men to schools that will be kicking the league to the curb in 8 years. Maybe I am numb. Maybe I am dumb. Maybe its that they said no to everybody. But I feel better to be out of it than I thought I did. There are always going to be locked doors in front of Connecticut. We just have to hope we can keep kicking them down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll say it. I don't want to be part of the Big 12. Not now. Not ever. We have no connection culturally, athletically, regionally, etc. They are shortsighted and a sinking ship with expansion or without. I wouldn't put this to words prior to selection because I didn't want the mojo out there. I know the next comment will be "We'll never make it without P5 and any port in the storm". It's a legit point. I understand we are all willing to hold our nose for the hope of something better. I get it. I would have held mine. But I would rather wait and continue to improve. Commission that study on market value they had done and publish to the high heavens. Yes it is a risk. So is membership in a league where we are low man on totem pole, hair cut to the nub, and being yes men to schools that will be kicking the league to the curb in 8 years. Maybe I am numb. Maybe I am dumb. Maybe its that they said no to everybody. But I feel better to be out of it than I thought I did. There are always going to be locked doors in front of Connecticut. We just have to hope we can keep kicking them down.
"We'll never make it without P5 and any port in the storm".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom